Fitspiration: Zoe’s Before and After

Avatar • Oct 7, 2013

Every Monday we will be teaming up with Black Women Losing Weight to share stories of naturals who are taking care of their bodies as well as their hair.

ZoeSept

College student Zoe lost 126 pounds by working out at home doing workout DVDs and eating clean. She is now full of self-confidence. Here is what she shared about her weight loss journey:

Hi, I’m 20 years old and a junior at UAlbany. My journey started in 2011. All my life I was overweight. In middle school my mom took me to Weight Watchers, but after I lost some weight I stopped going and gained it back. In high school I tried different programs but I always gained the weight back. At my highest weight I was 287 pounds.

Towards the end of my senior year I decided to buy Hip Hop Abs. I lost around 20 pounds and actually kept it off. So when I started college I knew there were healthy options available and wanted to change my diet and continue to work out. Eventually, I fell in love with TurboJam and along with clean eating and the weight fell off.

Click to read the rest of Zoe’s weight loss journey.

Ladies, are any of you on fitness or weight loss journeys. Share your experiences below!

Colalover

Congrats!

Rachel
Rachel

amazing story! Looks like she’s gone from relaxed hair to healthy natural hair too, beautiful!!

Shatu
Reply to  Rachel

not jordan james it is too muahrojdcn is a nice name yeh could go with Ashley or Kai?i love the name Tyler! really cute Jay is a good middle name for it.how about Piper May for a girl?

Trini
Trini

Sweet. You have inspired an older sister…adding you to my “shero” list!

Elle
Elle

Congrats Zoe, you look amazing and love the hair!

I’ve re-committed myself to a lifestyle of probiotics, tons of lean protein, low carbs, green smoothies, salads and good fats. I’m also getting back into yoga and pilates and just bought a bike and a hula hoop! Really love this feature.

Asana

This is a great idea! I know I started my fitness journey around the time I became natural. Go Zoe!!!!

whatshetaughther.blogspot.com

TWA4now
TWA4now

Wow! She is awesome before and after!

Rosalie

I love hair stories and I love makeover stories! I noticed a lot of black women start to go natural when they start to exercise because despite what we grew up thinking, natural hair is easy to maintain. Congrats to her.

Jessica
Jessica
Reply to  Rosalie

It was my experience that it was easIER to maintain natural hair than relaxed hair when living an active lifestyle… No more light cardio or skipping cardio altogether simply because I didn’t want to sweat my edges out, or dealing with sweat, AND two different textures or avoiding swimming because I didnt want to deal with the aftermath… The list could go on 🙂

Zoe
Zoe
Reply to  Jessica

Yes that’s exactly why I went natural, sweat and a perm do not mix lol

How To Lose Weight Fast pdf

Some truly good info , Glad I detected this. “The historian must have some conceptions of how men who are not historians behave.” by Edward Morgan Forster.

tristan
tristan

So encouraging, thank you for sharing zoe.

JENNID
JENNID

Oh I like this! Nice job on getting your health and body together. It takes a lot of hard work and motivation but if you can stick with it wow it really pays off. I can relate to this story. I also use fitness Dvd to keep the weight off as I find gyms a bit inconvienent.

Mary
Mary

This is my niece and she has inspired me to live a more healthy, active life. She looks good and she has a great personality to go with it. Love, love, love my Zoe girl!

Zoe
Zoe

Thanks everyone for your kind words!I just want to inspire others and show them as long as you stay consistent you’ll see results

Onyinye
Onyinye
Reply to  Zoe

This is really inspiring Zoe…I have Hip Hop Abs cd..it has just been sitting there…I am motivated to use it! Thank you! 🙂

Mignon
Mignon

Great job, keep up the good work Zoe!

Donna