3 Cute & Easy Summer Styles for Long Natural Hair

Avatar • May 27, 2013

chunkytwist

By Chinwe of Hair and Health

Summer is approaching and maybe you are a long-haired natural in a style rut.  You are tired of putting your twists into a routine bun or wash-n-gos are no longer “easy” at your length.  Whatever the case, you want a cute and easy style for the season.  Here are three inspirations:

1. Twist-Out with Curly Ends

In the above video, India shows you how to create a fun, curly twist-out (also known as the “twist and curl”).  She starts from a simple set of twists with the ends on flexi-rods.  Watch the tutorial to see more details.

2. Sleek Textured High Bun

Here, Jess demonstrates a simple and cute variation of the traditional bun on her natural curls.  This textured style can also be achieved on a twist-out or braid-out.

3. Chunky Flat Twist Updo

Nik shows you how to create this beautiful and easy chunky flat twist updo.  Don’t know how to flat twist?  Modify this style with chunky two-strand twists instead.

Will you wear any of these styles this summer?

About Chinwe

Healthy hair care tips and more! http://www.healthyhairbody.com

Nik
Nik

Thanks so much for the feature Chinwe & BGLH! *hugs*

Rachel
Reply to  Nik

I love this hairstyle, Nik! My hair isn’t as long as yours, and likely not as thick, but I feel like I have enough to attempt it, lol. If it works out, I will post a picture here. Thank you for putting it out there!

Rachel
Reply to  Nik

So Nik, I tried your style. My hair = not as long nor as thick as yours, so I made one big twist for the bun.

At least I know that I can do this style, so as my hair gets longer, it’s on! Lol

Thanks again for posting this one 🙂
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/right.jpg[/img]
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/right-back.jpg[/img]
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/left.jpg[/img]

MissCiciMarie
MissCiciMarie
Reply to  Rachel

Awwww love this good job lady! 🙂

DiJah
DiJah

Definitely gonna try Nik’s updo. it’s cute 🙂

Tabatha
Tabatha

I just got back from a birthday vacation to Hawaii and I rocked some wavy cornrows. I think I’ll keep my hair inprotective styles every other month to help my hair grow out. I’ll be able to do more wet and goes that way. Keep the heat out.

mcwifey
mcwifey

I am pretty sure for the curly twist out look, the woman featured is named India. One of her younger sisters is named Carmen, I believe the youngest one.

T
T
Reply to  mcwifey

Agreed. That’s India.

brown-princess.tumblr

[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DSC00211kev‑1.jpg[/img]

I love MahoganyCurls channel she’s beautiful

Louisa
Louisa

I love these hair styles .

German

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for long hair

Franziska

My brother suggested I may like this web site. He was totally right. This submit truly made my day. You can not believe just how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

emergency appliance repairs

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues
with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and
I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no back up.

Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?