Our hands are one of the most used body parts. We use them to cook, clean, care for our loved ones, love, work and express ourselves. Our hands help us complete various tasks and most of us don’t give it a second thought. Just as our body develops soreness and strain from use overtime, so can our hands. Many people, especially women are prone to developing a repetitive strain injury called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. In CTS, the median or middle nerve in the wrist supplies sensation to the wrist and all fingers except for the pinky finger. When the median nerve is compressed for any reason you will feel a tingling sensation throughout the areas that the median nerve serves. Regular hand massages can temporarily alleviate the tingling discomfort.
If there’s any part of our body that we want to keep healthy, we must care for it as best we can. When you do regular manicures your hands will look and feel great. Let’s find out all about how to execute a perfect manicure at home!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Now to the steps…
2. Clip and/or file all of your nails into the shape you desire. Always clip your nails in two or three steps starting with one on each side joining at the middle, then you may clip the center if there is a point that you wish to remove. When filing your nails file in one direction to prevent splits.
3. Place cuticle softener on your nails on one hand. Let it sit according to instructions.
4. Put your hand in the sudsy water bath for 5 minutes. Scrub underneath your nails with the nail brush to remove any dirt or dead skin.
5. In gentle circular motions, push back the cuticle (transparent and white skin at the base of your nail).
6. Apply a small amount of cuticle oil to the base of your nails and massage lotion on your hand for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Use the 3 or 4 way buffer to gently buff away any superficial grooves or ridges. The nails should look smooth and glossy.
8. Wipe away any debris with nail polish remover or soapy water.
9. Apply a base coat.
10. Apply nail polish.
11. Apply top coat then repeat steps 3–11 on your other hand.
All done!! I bet your nails look gorgeous.
Below are 4 of my favorite professional and bright Summer colors for people of all skin tones: red, taupe, royal blue and tangerine.
Enjoy your beautiful hands!
Have you tried an at-home manicure? How did it turn out? Share your pics!