Is Brandy Going Back to Braids? Singer Posts Photos Rocking Box Braids and Spring Twists

Avatar • Apr 20, 2013

Brandy’s most iconic look is definitely the braids she rocked in the 90s and 2000s, before she ditched them for weave. Back then she played a *major* role in making the style popular here and abroad. And it seems she might be returning to her roots. The 34-year-old singer recently posted pictures of herself rocking box braids and large spring twists on her Instagram. And we definitely approve! Both styles were done by Adele Supreme of Mahogany Hair Revolution in Los Angeles.

26750478a0ae11e2be0d22000a9f14df_7

8bc762cea4c511e2880f22000a1f9ca7_7

We especially love the spring twists! What do you think ladies?

Stace
Stace

Love the spring twist. If only I were not allergic to the synthetic braid hair. She looks as if she has barely aged.

Ugonna Wosu
Ugonna Wosu

wow! She looks gorgeous. She looks good in all her hairstyles, but braids bring out her eyes best. Love it!

lisa
lisa

i love her and she is so pretty

Deb
Deb

beautiful! I think she would look amazing with natural hair also. This is so 1000x more flattering than the lace fronts she usually wears.

Also I know black dont crack and everything but her skin is lovely. I want to know what she uses on her skin!

Deb
Deb
Reply to  Deb

just remember to take care of those edges or you’ll be in danger gurl

anastasia
anastasia

Brandy has aged gracefully and I luv her in the twists & braids. I think I need to get twist for the summer 🙂

AnonSince87
AnonSince87

Queen of braids in my eyes lol. She looks stunning with braids, better than with weaves (as someone above stated) — although she’s a pretty woman regardless. I don’t know how she was able to rock braids how she did, for as long as she did and not lose her edges!

Ugonna Wosu
Ugonna Wosu
Reply to  AnonSince87

I remember her saying she got them redone every 3 weeks back then, which some were telling me was way too much, lol.

Eloisa
Eloisa
Reply to  AnonSince87

Actually she DID lose her edges.

Tight (back to back) micro braids/hairstyles are never good for your hair’s health. Even if you have the strongest of strands or the healthiest scalp, your follicles will suffer eventually. I am glad she took matters into her own hand and had her hairline corrected.

She looks great by the way. Very happy and glowy! And her hair looks very healthy as far as I can tell.

[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/brandy-norwood-braids.jpg[/img]
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Brandy_Norwood_17865_Medium.jpg[/img]

cece marie
cece marie

there is nothing wrong with weave. i swear this website comes off as a natural nazi website.

anyway, i love brandy in what ever hairstyle she wears. she looks gorgeous with any hair style. i do love the braids. she looks great. 🙂

Iva
Iva
Reply to  cece marie

Isn’t there a rule of the internet that says that whenever you bring up the term nazi in an argument you automatically lose because you are clearly displaying your general ignorance of history and proportion? Well there should be.

On-topic

I have to say Brandy is hitting it on all cylinders in these photos. Her hair makeup and skin is FLAWLESS. I’m glad she’s moved away from the lacefronts as they didn’t really suit her.

Eloisa
Eloisa
Reply to  Iva

It’s crazy to see how freely people here throw around the word nazi like it’s some kind of joke or punchline. Smh.

ShayeRose
ShayeRose

She looks STUNNING! love the twists as well as the braids! 🙂

colorfulkinks.wordpress.com

Does anyone know what type of spring twists these are? I’ve never seen them so long. Plus they sort of look like puffy twists as well. Hmmm…

Hayna
Hayna

Adele Supremee of Mahogany Hair Revolution did her double strand twists.
Feel free to contact her, via Facebook, regarding specifics. 🙂

keesha
keesha

Braids are definitely her thing! She looks betten in them than she does in weaves.

Mercy
Mercy

She looks VERY pretty. Way younger than 34 too. Like 15 years old, especially without the makeup.

AlleyCat
AlleyCat

I approve of her hairline which I would have thought was non existent but I’m pleasantly surprised.

Nooni
Nooni

I never thought she was attractive back in the 90’s, but I’ve completely changed my mind now. She’s quite pretty!

Tamikah
Tamikah

I thought the first one was a natural wig she was wearing that she twisted. I assumed that’s why the hairline looked like that, no matter what it is her twists and braids look great. Wish I could rock braids, my hair would shed like crazy. But brandy looks great as usual

Camillia
Camillia

Brandy looks great!! Love both looks on her.

Kayla
Kayla

Brandy is sooo beautiful and I need to get those twists!

GoodLooknOut

I love me some brandy! She keeps it all the way thorough!

L.Nicole

Hey, I’m just happy to see her hairline intact! She looks great though!

Although it would be a shock to my system if she ever shows off her naked hair sans weave, wigs, braids, etc.

Jacky
Jacky

Love them,she looks great.

Mika

She looks fresh out of a time capsule. The braids suit her so much!!

Devra
Devra

I love her hair in both photos. As stated several times already, it definitely suits her better than the lace fronts. Fyi, this is a natural hair blog promoting natural hair, so of course there will be objections to weaving.

Karimah
Karimah

What kind of twists are those? I like the way they look, very twisty. LOL!

Ashley
Ashley

Brandy looks absolutely beautiful.

Kiona
Reply to  Ashley

I’m impressed by your writing. Are you a professional or just very knebdelgoawle?

Jade

I love love her twist!!!!

Lisa
Lisa

I need a tutorial for those twist!

Cherry
Cherry
Reply to  Lisa

Youtube “havana twist marley hair” and a similar hairstyle tutorial will pop up 🙂

Danielle
Danielle

Spring Twists Definitely! and i like her shirt

Sharon J
Sharon J

Very pretty. She looks more youthful in the braids.

Angela
Angela

I love them. She looks beautiful in any style that she wears.

gapch
gapch

she looks great. im glad solange restarted the trend. followed by beyonce and now brandy. bigger box braids are great and thank goodness take a lot less time than micros…

Rachael
Rachael

I want this!

LM
LM

i need those box braids in my life lol. need to print off this picture and take it to a stylist.

Michelle Spice
Michelle Spice

Kudos to me! I’ve always appreciated and wore my hair natural! The other tools are not for me.

I love what Yahweh created me with, glory be and all praises to him. He created me in his own image and love and appreciate that…

Liberation has home women!

imani
imani

She’s always looked nice in braids. Its her signature look. she almost looks like a teenager again. Makes me think of her “wanna be down” video! Lol

Jeanine
Jeanine

I love Brandy’s look the braids fit her well. She has inspired me to get my twist like hers for this year!

Shon
Shon

Her box braids are cute. I love the thickness, but would not rock at the expense of my neck hurting from the weight after about a month. I have really long braids in for the summertime. Here’s the link if you want to check it out: http://youtu.be/mSl58o9R-W4

akiyia

I love these Twist.
I want them.
I wonder what brand and style of hair
did she use?

boopey08
boopey08

Love her spring twists! I need a new summer hair style, and I think this might be it!! Does anyone know where I can purchase spring twist hair as long as Brandy’s?

And
And

In the context of it’s her head her decision, I would like to suggest that in observation please lawd NO to braids on Brandy. She really had more than her fair share of braid time. I’m speaking from a fashion stylist position not a love your natural/braid officianado place. There are so many beautiful ways she expressed different facets of herself and where she was currently, that the braids bring her back to safe place teen star to me. Yes I realize braids represent a whole other thing to many on here.

Coco
Coco

Her hair is gorgeous, both styles. I prefer them to those lace fronts, ha.

Biss
Biss

I really hope she keeps the braids for a while she looks so beautiful with them in, must be her facial features.

trackback

[…] Brandy | 2. Angela Simons | 3. Moça Trançada I 4. Moça Trançada II | 5. Keri Hilson | 6. […]