Tracee Ellis Ross Rocks High Bun for Elle Magazine Event

Avatar • Jan 25, 2013

Tracee+Ellis+Ross+ELLE+Women+Television+Celebration+RuLHG4jaV2Ol

One of our favorite celeb naturalistas is at it again! Tracee Ellis Ross attended Elle Magazine’s Women In Television celebration rocking a curly high bun. One of our other favorite naturals, actress Danai Gurira from Walking Dead, was also in attended rocking her fierce TWA. What do you think of the looks ladies? All photos courtesy of Zimbio.com.

Tracee+Ellis+Ross+ELLE+Women+Television+Celebration+-Gdp0t7Jq22l

Tracee+Ellis+Ross+ELLE+Women+Television+Celebration+f41h1m5nldnl

Tracee+Ellis+Ross+ELLE+Women+Television+Celebration+-w8o5WiFrsXl

Danai+Gurira+ELLE+Women+Television+Celebration+fdA2ihVwmAAl

Danai+Gurira+ELLE+Women+Television+Celebration+2aX42EHGR3il

Liz
Liz

Love wearing the high bun!

Sha
Sha

Tracee’s dress looks a bit odd on her, I would have rather seen her in that outfit that dark skinned lady below has on, now that’s stunning! BTW, who is that lady? She’s gorgeous. Never the less, I love the nude face and effortless high bun look on Tracee.

mangomadness
mangomadness
Reply to  Sha

The second actress in the article is Danai Gurira.

SJ
SJ
Reply to  Sha

The dress really brings out Danai Gurira’s flawless, toned shape! Wonderful.

Huayacan
Reply to  Sha

hey yall! ive been natural for the last 2 years but,no hair cut for the last year. im livong my hair and the longer it gets the more im determined to never get another haircut ..at least for now ! i find that since ive had my natural hair ive been through a mixed bag of emotions,from my hair being really really kinky,to family members asking me why dont you texturize anymore or at least hotcomb it.I tell them its not where im at.im thinking of coloring it,since my wedding is next week,and can you belive after all this time… Read more »

Kayla

Danai makes me miss The Walking Dead. lol.

Mala
Reply to  Kayla

hey sistas!! I just wanetd to let you all know that I am growing my hair out natural again. Last time I had an afro it was in the 7th and 8th grade thn I permed it because I was going to high school. Wish I didn’t. But I’ll be glad when this perm does grow out. I have so many ideas and styles I want to try. Because not I wont have to buy all these chemicals for my hair. I realized that I love my natural hair. I know how that one girl feels about wearing her afro… Read more »

Beth
Beth

I love Tracee’s dress. Very little girlish, but elegant at the same time. She likes to push the envelope. It’s something else that bothers me, but maybe it’s the lighting or something. And I love high buns; her hair style is not too structured and neat and looks effortless.

B
B

Danai looks great her skin is smooth as silk!
Tracee needs teeth whitening, the dress is too matronly looking the bun is ok, not a fan of buns sitting on top of the head…I like the ones that sit further to the back of the head

imani
imani

the buns a little over simplified to me, looks like maybe she did it herself. I wouldve liked it to a little bit more elegantly messy and the bun a little fuller. but i love her to pieces so I cant say too much against her. I dont like the dress much bc I’m not of fan of the shirely temple baby doll type dress on any grown woman but if i had to see anyone wearing it, id rather see it on a younger pixey-type woman like tika sumpter,raven symone,zooey deschanel,etc.

Lauralei
Lauralei

The dress is not at all flattering to Tracee. What was she thinking? And the girlish dress topped by the school-marmish mum looks odd.
Danai is gorgeous and well put together.

EG
EG

I’m not feeling this look either and I usually like the natural make-up look, as wells as buns. But there seems to be a disconnect between her hair and make-up (or maybe lack of)and the fancy dress. I don’t think this is Tracey’s best look.

Michelle
Michelle

I think both ladies look hot and their hairstyles just intensify their ‘hotness’…sorry I know it’s not proper English 😛

Orihime11
Orihime11

Absolutely love Danai’s look. From head to toe it’s like POW! I’m usually a fan of Tracee’s dress/hairstyle choices…but not really agreeing with this one.

Kaila P
Kaila P

Has anyoen realized that Tracee’s right eye has a slant to it , so when you look at the picture one eye seems much bigger than the other. I hope it’s not a health problem

SHAKIRRA

this site has really help me growing my hair natural

SHAKIRRA

this site has really help me with growing my natural hair.

yvette
yvette

tracee could have done a better job on that bun her hair is beautiful
she might need a little baking soda on those teeth
and what’s wrong with her right eye; i never noticed that before