Sharrone // Multi-Texture Style Icon

Avatar • Jan 15, 2013

*Prepared for BGLH by Meosha Tall of 1MeNaturally

IMG_6700

Introduce yourself!
S:
Hi my name is Sharrone and I am from Massachusetts! I am currently a junior in college! I love to have fun and do fun things! WHOOT!

Why did you make the decision to go natural?
S:
I was on YouTube and saw a woman that was African American and had really long hair so I decided to go natural to see if I could achieve that length as well! I went natural and stopped pressing my hair in 12th grade and have been natural ever since. I cut the straight ends off during the 12th grade through my freshman year of college.

How would you describe your texture?
S:
Probably 3a to 4b. The front of my hair, right above my forehead, is very loose and wavy. The sides of my hair are my 4b areas, the tightest part of my hair. Then the bottom back of my hair above my neck are 3c curls. Similar to the front, but more defined. The rest of my hair is 4a. It could all be off though because it depends on what system you go by and really what you think! Pictures will help you see it though!

Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.
S:
I love me some wash and gos and buns lol! That’s mainly what I do. I do braid outs and twist outs or any other cool style I see occasionally, but I mainly stick to wash and gos or buns. Lately I have been trying more styles and I LOVE IT! I don’t refresh my wash and go, I just start over when it hits probably around the fifth day or some of my looser curls in the front or back stretch a lot and become straight due to when I pineapple at night. I use normal conditioners as leave-ins because they moisturize my hair so well. Then I apply oil and I love argan oil, so it’s mainly the one I use. Sometimes depending on the style I use gel. I use Amp Pro or Krystal from Eco Styler. I do use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for the braid outs and all the other products I have I try and add in randomly.

IMG_4299

What does wash day look like for you?
S:
Wash day I condition mainly with Tresemme conditioner and when in the shower I part my hair and detangle each side. Sometimes after I detangle I’ll put a deep conditioner (Aussie 3 Minute Miracle) and have it sit while I bathe then rinse it out with cold water. I shampoo probably once a month or when my hair feels weighed down.

Describe your favorite go-to hairstyle for days when you don’t have a lot of time to style.
S:
Wash and go, low or high bun, or a hat with a low bun.

How do you combat shrinkage?
S:
I put my hair in a bun and then do the banding method and wait for it to dry, or I do a low bun and wait for it to dry.

What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?
S:
My crown, so I really have to add extra product to it. I do neglect it sometimes oops!

What are 2 do’s for your texture?
S:
Thick conditioner yummmm and detangling well!

What are 2 don’ts for your texture?
S:
Light products…my hair would be DRY! And not deep conditioning it.

Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?
S:
Instagram: amourmodedieu
Twitter: amourmodedieu

About Meosha

la*belle
la*belle

i just LOVE your hair. Gorgeous.

Reply to  la*belle

thans alot!!

Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Gorgeous head of hair

Reply to  Elisabeth

thanks 🙂

J'ash
J'ash

Absolutely beautiful!What conditioners do you use?

Reply to  J'ash

I use tresemme, herbal essence and mane and tail mainly!!

Mrs.Martin
Mrs.Martin

You look so fun and carefree…your hair is insane! ( in a good way: )

Reply to  Mrs.Martin

lol thank you kindly!

Liz
Liz

Looks & sounds like you have mastered your curls

Reply to  Liz

I think I have! Im so happy

Liz
Liz

Looks & sounds like you have mastered your curls!

Dana

Absolutely beautiful, and the color is nice too!

Reply to  Dana

thanks chica!!!

marie
marie

This is another instance where I’m not sure about the typing that occurs on BGLH. She appears to have chem. processed hair (and I don’t mean the color). I don’t mean this negatively, but, is BGLH a natural hair site, or not? I think this is something for the editors, and readers, to ponder.

anewmeep
Reply to  marie

and who exactly does she “appear” to have chemically altered hair? Is it because she does not look mixed but has a looser curl pattern? (which I find is another stereotype) Who are you to say someone should not be considered natural because through your “expertise” their hair has been altered. smh. I really love this new dislike button, it exposes all the natural hair nazis (is there another term?).

Nooni
Nooni
Reply to  anewmeep

I agree with you. There are many people who have been featured with similar looking hair and no one questioned them.

Reply to  Nooni

Jax
Jax
Reply to  anewmeep

I wouldn’t call her natural hair nazi. I’d call her just plain un-informed and ridiculous.

Reply to  marie

I dont have chemically processed hair. Some of my strands are loose curls and when I put gel on them they straigten out due to the gels definition on them, if that makes sense. Thats why in some picture I have straigt peices in the front. That what I was explaining in the ‘describe your hair’section. If it was chem processed I would snip it off

Ceeloud
Ceeloud
Reply to  sharrone

I love love your hair! And yes I understand completely what you mean. The curl pattern at the back of my hair is so loose it’s almost as if it’s straight. When I use gel back there instead of defined curls, my hair goes limp, and straight with a slight curl at the ends. I am so happy BGLH has put this dislike button, hopefully people will keep their hateful comments to themselves!

Reply to  Ceeloud

lol yess I hate when the gel does that so i definitely try and be careful when im doing the front of my hair and using gel haha! and thanks so much!!

cacey
cacey
Reply to  sharrone

the same happens with mine. there’s the entire front section of my hair to about three inches or four from my hair line that’s wavy instead of curly, so any type of product that gets put on that section almost straightens it. sometimes looks weird actually lol but i make it work. and any type of stretching done on that part is the same effect for me as running a blow dryer through it. changes the pattern entirely.

AC
AC
Reply to  marie

How does her hair look chemically processed? Her hair looks just like mine and I didn’t big chop to a fade and grow it out only to get it “processed”. Please explain what about her hair looks processed?

SAM
SAM
Reply to  marie

Hey: that is not a nice thing to type. I am so glad for this post and Sharrone’s experience as I have the exact same multi-texture hair and I actually big-chopped a year ago. The front of my hair, right above my forehead, is very loose and wavy as well. The sides of my hair are also the tightest part of my hair. Then the bottom back of my hair above my neck is a bit similar to the front, but more defined. Anyhow I don’t use a system to define my hair but that is my hair and I… Read more »

Reply to  SAM

aww thank you sam! I hope your journey is going well!!

smh
smh
Reply to  marie

Marie. Girl, in the words of Mr. Garvey “Get those kinks out of your mind”.
Don’t hate on your sister just because she has a looser texture. There’s a straight up black African natural on You Tube with “3b3c” hair. What? You’re gonna hate on your seed if she comes out with looser hair than you? Please cease and desist with this divisive non sense.

kasilla
kasilla
Reply to  marie

i agree with the others who have questioned this comment. i’m not mixed but have looser textured hair. you don’t have to have chemicals in your hair to have 3b hair type.

kasilla
kasilla
Reply to  kasilla

[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/022013230522–1.jpg[/img]

Pompeii
Pompeii

What about her hair looks processed?! I don’t mean this negatively but are you sure you aren’t tad bit jealous…justttt a little not a lot. you might errant to ponder upon that.…her hair is beautiful by the way…perm or no perm.

Stace
Stace
Reply to  Pompeii

Seriously how does it look chemically processed? If a chemical processing can get hair to look like this well then damn, cause relaxers only straighten my hair, no curling back up when wet effect ever, and Im not talking about relaxing to bone straight. Ive had friends whose relaxed hair would curl up when wet but never with this level of gloss and shine and definition…so again, what chem. process would achieve this level of pattern, bounce, curl, shine, and def???

Tajah
Tajah

What video did you look at? I would really love to know^^.

la*belle
la*belle

marie, in her interview she says she has gone natural and cut her straight ends off. So YES, she’s a gorgeous natural with varying textures.

Jacky
Jacky

Beautiful hair-fun,unique and lively,fits you perfectly!!!

Reply to  Jacky

aww thanks alot 🙂

erica
erica

Gorgeous girl with gorgeous hair. Just wondering tho, you said you leave conditioner in your hair as a leave in. How much do you use and do you only put the conditioner in when you wash it or every day use? Thanks. 🙂

desireeb
Reply to  erica

I am not her, but it sounds like she uses the Curly Girl Method (or a modified version of it). I would do some research on the Curly Girl Method- I use it myself and love it!

Reply to  desireeb

Lol I probably do! I finger detangle and use combs and brushes…so eh maybe not so much, but I love me some conditioner more than leave in conditioner whoohoo! lol

Reply to  erica

thank you alot Erica 🙂 I section my hair and put a little orver a quarter size for each section..all my strands get covered on conditioner! I put it in when I go in the shower to wash my hair and when I come out to style it I also use conditioner! youre welcome!

Caramelcurls
Caramelcurls

Absolutely gorgeous hair girl!!! And don’t pay attention to haters, let God handle it. Keep doing you!

Reply to  Caramelcurls

aww thank you very much! And yes he is in control! thanks!

Edemcure
Edemcure

Gorgeous hair !!! how did u re apply the conditionner to style ur hair? on wet or damp hair ?? thanks

Reply to  Edemcure

I dont reapply because then those curls well be more replenished than the others and it would look weird lol. I just wash it over again after like 4 or five days or if Im feeling to do a bun!So I apply the conditioner once I get out of the shower and then wait for it to dry! Thats my wash and go! and Thank you!!

Knatural
Knatural

Such beautiful hair and such a beautiful woman!! Love. Also, I too am a lover of Hello Kitty lol 🙂

Reply to  Knatural

wow thanks so kindly!! Yes, I love hello kitty ahhhh 🙂

Curly Queen

I was waiting for the negativity to start. Smh. Her hair is beautiful and that’s all there is it it!

Reply to  Curly Queen

thank you very much!!

naenatural82
naenatural82

Can you tell me what hair color is that?I’ve been looking for that color and your hair is gorgeous by the way.
[file]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IMG_20130303_104005.jpg[/file]