How To Do a Simple, At-Home Hot Oil Treatment

Avatar • Jan 10, 2013

oil-based-conditioner

As the weather gets colder (and ends get drier and crunchier), it’s great to bust out the oils for a hot oil treatment. Treatments with penetrating oils are great for infusing deep moisture and strength, while treatments with coating oils add a layer of protection and shine. Click below for Naptural85’s simple tutorial:

SJ
SJ

This tutorial is nice. I like to make mine with coconut oil (penetrating), jojoba oil, castor oil, and olive oil. It’s oily heaven for my hair. 🙂

Sassy24
Sassy24

Did one awhile back need to do another one

Stephanie Miller
Stephanie Miller

I did one with castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and Crisco.…my hair was SHINY 🙂 and it detangled so easily. The knots just slid out.

cb
cb

curious, why Crisco?

Stephanie Miller
Stephanie Miller
Reply to  cb

I forgot why, but its so fatty and it makes my tangles just slip out…

Siman Omar
Siman Omar

Castor oil adds strength to the hair.

gigi
gigi

aww look at Whitney w/ her little fro back in the day! yeayyy! excellent choice of vids! definitely need to do one tonight

Lulu
Lulu
Reply to  gigi

i knowww and now she has a beautiful baby too! love her…
i noticed awhile ago that her hair now looks so much more healthier and lush with her simpler regimen (Flax seed, mud wash, butters.,etc) than it did back then.

JENNID
JENNID

Uh no mention of adding honey? Seriously honey and olive oil is the best hot oil treatment ever. You can make it less messy by mixing it with some of your favorite thick deep conditioner( I like Neutrogena Triple moisture hair mask). Been using this combo for years. So so good to moisturize your hair. The recipe is 1 Tablespoon honey to 2 Tablespoon honey.

Kaila P
Kaila P
Reply to  JENNID

The OPERATIVE word here is OIL, yes honey is amazing for the hair but its a hot oil treatment which means only oils will be used. But honey is excellent for deep conditioners

Tee
Tee
Reply to  JENNID

Can you use any type of honey or does it have to be raw? Does it make the hair sticky?

JENNID
JENNID

I mean 1 tablespoon of honey to 2 tablespoons olive oil

Lisa
Lisa

Nice tutorial 🙂 what about adding some honey? Btw I get all my oils and beauty products on iherb.Com You can also use reward code ZQL811 and checkout and get $10 discount on your first purchase.Check it out girls 😉

Tamara
Tamara

Very nice video! Great job. Tamara 🙂

geogypsy68
geogypsy68

castor oil is drying so I would caution against this , and honey produces peroxide when it comes in contact with water, which will lighten your hair a little, but it is also a humectant ‚olive oil and jojoba and almond are very good . I use a lot of different oils for different things, like I have a mixture I use for oil cleansing my face and another mixture I use for a face & body oil 😉

ozoemeladivine
ozoemeladivine

good job.make your hair silky and shinny.but how do i mix these honey and olive oil must it be hot?

Leona

” If that is the case, then if you eat many delicious, but unhealthy, then what does. Close to all processed meals bought from supermarkets have items which outcome in excess unwanted fat. Vegetables and fruits contain substances in plants, to find for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.

Olive
Olive

THANK YOU FOR THE POST AND THOUGHT REPLYS!!!

India
India

I love this. I use coconut oil, it works better on my head and doesn’t try it out.

thilz
thilz

When I putting oil my hair falling. Why its so.please. answer me 🙁

Angelia

Hey!Do you ?now if the? make any ?lugins to protect
agai?st hackers? I’m kinda paranoid ab?ut losing ever?thing I’ve worked hard on.

Any tips?

Marissa Moncriffe

I did a hot oil treatment and it felt good! but it’s nothing I can do about the oil leaking on my face and neck lol. I use a mix of castor oil and coconut oil on my scalp and deep conditioner on my ends. Keep it on for an hour then rinse. Before all that use a clarifying shampoo so all the oil can seep in and nourish my scalp directly.
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_20140322_002842.jpg[/img]

Iris
Iris

I mix my oils with conditioner because it makes it a little less runny when I sit user the heat cap.

can you make your hair grow faster

Whyy people still use to read news papers when in this technological
world the whole thing iss availlable on net?

argan oil hair products

This is the right web site for anybody who would like to find
out about this topic. You know so much its almost tough too arguhe with you (not
that I personally will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a topuc that has been written about for a long time.

Excellent stuff, just great!

Pierrela
Pierrela

Am I missing something? Where does it say what she put in the mixture?

LibbyLUE
LibbyLUE

What oils did you put in you mixture?

LindaLew
LindaLew
Reply to  LibbyLUE

You have to watch the video to get her ingredients, olive oil, castor oil, vitamin e, jojoba and glycerin.