Nicki Minaj Reveals her Natural Hair on Twitter?

Avatar • Oct 1, 2012

Nicki Minaj is one of the biggest wig aficionados in pop music today, but apparently she wants us to know that the wigs are optional, not necessary. Yesterday the rapper tweeted a photo of her hair being styled with the caption, “No chemicals. No perm.” The photo shows her hairdresser pulling a handful of long, healthy-looking straightened hair. Click below to check it out.

A couple months ago Wendy Williams made a similar move when she posted a childhood picture of herself sporting long braids, and stated that she’d never had a perm.

While it’s encouraging that so many black female celebrities (including Lil Mama, Toya Carter and Angela Simmons) have healthy heads of un-chemicalized hair beneath their wigs and weaves, it would be nice to see their curls and coils in public every once in a while.

What do you think of Nicki’s photo?

ishotcherylcole
ishotcherylcole

straight hair isnt natural to black people.

Marcia
Marcia

100% not true. I know black people who were born with straight hair, pin straight, not even a wave.

NikNak
NikNak
Reply to  Marcia

To be more accurate, straight hair is not natural to indiginous West Africans who have not mixed with any other racial group.

nounou
nounou
Reply to  NikNak

Why bring West africans in the mix? I dont see the relation… Anyhu, she shuld have shown her face…healthy hair nevertheless.

Camille
Camille
Reply to  NikNak

Indigenous West Africans are not a racial group…also not sure whether genetic homogeneity is what determines membership in one or another racial group. Race is not really science…

rachel
rachel
Reply to  Camille

i totally agree.you cant have completely straight hair as an african, it can be very very close to straight but not 100% straight. if it were to be completely straight then you would be of another race or mixed…it is just how we are made up.we have hair with curls/kinks whatever u wanna call it of all differnt textures but 100% straight no way .…maybe with a flat iron..lol.…..

anastasia
anastasia
Reply to  rachel

There is only one race: The human race. What you speak of is ethnicity. =) Just sayin’.

Karen
Karen

Not all of us have kinky, nappy hair.…my hair at the nape is very straight and is relaxer free!

Toni
Toni

Ignorance is bliss !

Shellz

Nicki, is full of crap why wouldn’t you show your face how do we know that’s you!!! Anyways there are plenty of black women with NATURAL LING HAIR…

Ross
Ross

Niki Minaj is MIXED!!! Her mother is Indian and her father is Black. You keep calling this woman Black don’t be surprised when Hollywood puts a “mixed” woman in a movie to play a historic character Harriet Tubman!

Don’t be surprised when casting agents start looking at the “mixed” folk and say “well, we hit our quota, we got a black person in this film.”

Even South Africa knew the difference between African, white invader, and mixed.

Mai
Mai
Reply to  Ross

…really though…that comment was unnecessary. That comment is akin to how an above poster said that black people don’t have straight and then tried to clarify it for west Africans. Sorry even mixed people can have 4a hair.

KayDane
KayDane

This is not true.
On top of that Nicki is 50% Afro-Carib, 50% Indo-Carib. That may also have something to do with the straightness of her hair.

Jordan
Jordan
Reply to  KayDane

in her documentary her family members had very wavy, not curly hair. It is very likely that her hair just blowdries straight. I still think it’s her hair. She’s been wearing wigs & weaves since she started her career. Anyways, I’m trying to get some length like that!

Malikah
Malikah
Reply to  Jordan

She has Indian heritage. I’m from her homeland. My mother laid ina hospital bed with her mother some months ago and I saw her cousins and nieces.….The have wavy hair like alot of East Indians here in Trinidad. Their hair usually grows very long also. I believe its hers.

Amy
Amy
Reply to  KayDane

Lol, what a stupid argument. This always happen. Division, division, division. How boring.

maralondon
maralondon
Reply to  Amy

isn’t it?

Khy
Khy

She’s not showing her face though??? Nothing against Nicki because I think she’s beautiful and I’m sure she does have beautiful natural hair because of her Trinidad roots but show me this pic with her face and I’ll be more apt to believing that it’s her hair.

Reply to  Khy

Lol @ beautiful hair because of her Trinidad roots. Please tell me you were joking?

HelowAddicted on Youtube
HelowAddicted on Youtube
Reply to  Eloisa

Yes please, tell us you are joking about the “ because of heTrinidad roots” because your origin doesn’t make your hair more beautiful than other people.

Maha
Maha

I can’t with that comment…

Kitt
Kitt
Reply to  Maha

I understand where the “because of her Trinidad roots” comment comes from and there is some truth to it. I find that Haitian women, Jamaican women and Trinidadian women (in particular) have the most beautiful, strong, thick heads of hair (in various textures) that I’ve ever seen. Some with long hair, some with short. That has been MY experience. When I think the hair I’d love to have, I always think about these women, the ones I see every single day. People, pu-leaze stop being control freaks! People are entitled to their opinions. YOU don’t to berate them if don’t share… Read more »

Natalee
Natalee
Reply to  Kitt

I too understand what she means, but its still a ridiculous comment to make, especially on a hair blog. To suggest island women somehow have a “better” hair texture is kind of insulting to others and reinforces the “good hair,” “bad hair” issue that many are trying to overcome with a more positive image of black beauty. All black women hair a wide range of beautiful hair types, from wavy to kinky, no matter where they are from.
And yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which means comments are quickly dissected, digested and retorted–the bases of healthy discourse.

rkahendi
Reply to  Natalee

She didn’t actually say “better” hair, though, did she? And she didn’t clarify what she meant by “beautiful” hair wither. She could have been referring to thickness. strength, length, texture… anything at all. But the folks reacting are likely imagining she was referring to texture. It seems to me that the problem in this particular dialogue is that people are making too many assumptions about what others mean. Discourse is all well and good, but it can’t be too healthy if we are quick to label people and their opinions when it is not even clear what they mean. If I… Read more »

rkahendi
Reply to  rkahendi

Sigh… typos…
I meant to write “either,” not “wither.”

Natalee
Natalee
Reply to  rkahendi

I didn’t say she said better, did I? The word I used was “suggest” and we all know good and well the word “beautiful” has no negative connotations. I’m not sure if the rest of the comment is solely towards me or everyone, but I didn’t (nor anyone else for that matter) label her as anything. I actually said I understood what she meant in my very first sentence, but also highlighted the other side of the coin and how that comment could be perceived by other naturals which is evident by the reaction… after all, this is a natural… Read more »

Amy
Amy
Reply to  Natalee

Love this response

NikNak
NikNak
Reply to  Kitt

The woman means “Trinidad is inhabited by a lot of Indians and therfore it is likely she could have this ‘pretty hair’ ”

Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

All of this.

nikki
nikki

I that the person phrased wrongly am also from Trinidad and Trinidad, Guyana and Jamaica are the three most racially mixed countries in the Caribbean meaning we range from Amerindians/Carib indians, asians, hispanics sme european and of course blacks. Nicki minaj is actually a dougla(In Trinidad it’s someone who is half blac/half indian) pronounced doh-gla. I guessed yall missed the Bet awards where they showed the younger pics of celebs n nicki was one where she looked like a pure indian. And someone mentioned why she wears the wigs well she’s a performer nicki minaj to us all and ONIKA… Read more »

Lela7
Lela7
Reply to  nikki

I’ve seen a family picture of Nicki’s neither of her parents look fully indian

Lela7
Lela7
Reply to  Lela7

Her is a picture of her as a child. http://hiphop.hypeeater.com/nicki-minaj-mom-and-dad-breakup-when-she-was‑3/

Does she look fully indian

Lela7
Lela7
Reply to  Lela7

Also, most jamaicans have horrible hair — too much relaxer! Most I’ve seen have been relaxing from the womb.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Lela7

Lela7, that is a very rude and ignorant comment. My hair (natural) is AWESOME! 🙂

Anyway, I did not think we were talking relaxed hair here, but natural…

goyta
goyta
Reply to  Anonymous

shoot most black people where i’m from have horrible hair. i’m not talking about their natural hair. i mean specifically the things they do to their hair make their hair look like a got damt mess! from the weaves to the misapplications of the relaxers, i be shaking my head every single day over these heads in south georgia. and i’m a native!

Ann
Ann
Reply to  Lela7

That is such a rude and hateful thing to say.

J.Nicole
Reply to  Eloisa

If you think that is bad, you should have read the comments on Facebook. I used to get upset when I heard comments that way and felt the need to inform them about the err of their ways but that just takes too much energy & I rather focus on people who make sense. No shade on the woman who made the comment but some people still wholeheartedly feel this way & nothing is going to change it. But regarding the post, I’m like “Ok, every time someone shows their ‘natural’ hair, do we really need to make a big… Read more »

Li
Li
Reply to  J.Nicole

+1 Plus, I thought Nicki made a comment in one of her rape lyrics about “nappy-headed *somethinh* needing a perm.” I could care less one way or the other, because just can’t take her seriously. smh

Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody
Reply to  Li

And this.

Buddhagan
Buddhagan
Reply to  Khy

I agree. If she is so proud, show the hair with the face. The article implies that HER hair is not naturally straight.

DiJah
DiJah

If that’s the hair growing out of your head, why are you hiding your face???

Abi
Abi
Reply to  DiJah

Maybe alopecia?

gigi
gigi

[??] I don’t get it… where’s Nikki?

Alisha
Reply to  gigi

gigi
gigi

oops, *Nicki* rather… shows how much I pay attention lol

Paige
Paige

Ummmmmmmmm..that could be anyone. She gets on my nerves. Try again Nicki.

Ashley
Ashley
Reply to  Paige

Mahalia

Who knows if it’s her hair, its an odd picture to take why not her whole head and face.

honeybrown1976
honeybrown1976

No face. No trust. Moving on.

Jamz
Jamz
Reply to  honeybrown1976

well said…i feel the same way…

Ashley
Ashley

She’s a complete hypocrite! Nothing new on that front.

Landry
Landry
Reply to  Ashley

Or do you mean nothing new on that “lace front”? 😉

Tia

Sue
Sue
Reply to  tonisha

Lol.…“Nicki Mirage”.…how apt!

Kylea
Kylea

It’s cool for her to show that she has pretty natural hair, now maybe instead of talking about people needing “perminators” she should try to encourage women to embrace their natural beauty.

Yonda
Yonda
Reply to  Kylea

Yeah right.….

Shawn
Shawn

I do understand that with all the styling that celebrities go through, it’s probably a must that they protect their natural hair. I guess you’d say they protective style their hair to a max. But, with all the popularity that Nicki has, it would be nice for her to show all of her fans who she actually is without the costumes.

Carla

I really could care less.

Zanthe
Zanthe

The picture seems a pointless one to post. It probably is her but it’s a bit like ‘and?’

Cece marie
Cece marie

Why? So it validates regular people’s choice of being natural. Celebrities dont owe us anything. Nothing wrong with hiding their natural hair. They have to becuase of the industry they work in. They still want to have healthy hair left on their head at the end of the day. Smh. Natural nazis are a hell of a thing smh

K.Nicole

Would be nice to see her face. I think it’s great that her hair is “natural”, but since she obviously has issues against other hair textures as evident by her songs, i.e. Perminator, Nappy Headed Ho, etc. I say WHOOP-DE-DOO that she’s relaxer free. She’s probably one of those people that say, only certain people should go natural and certain people NEED a perm.

Li
Li
Reply to  K.Nicole

Macdee
Macdee

Huh??.. So what exactly are we looking at??

Forgive my eyesight but all I see is someone holding a strip of hair?!?!

Crist
Crist
Reply to  Macdee

i legit lol’ed at this at my office this morning

Deedeemaha
Deedeemaha

I appreciate the info and photo. But can’t see the faces of her or the stylist. Lovely hair, but would make more of an impact with her face showing. Did I miss it? I must say my first thought was (I’m ashamed to think it), is she ashamed to be associated with her own hair without a cover over it.

kg.sunshine
kg.sunshine

No face, no credit.

jasmine
jasmine

I see the pic…but were is Nicki. it look like someone just had their hair flat iron thats all. but who is to telk there is no body attached.

Anndriska

1. If she has long natural hair, why is she wearing so many wigs and weaves? Style your own hair.

2. Why not show your face in the picture to show everyone what your hair looks like without all the get-up? Show us your true self!

3. There is a difference between perm and natural hair. That hair looks perm (chemically treated hair).

Nikki try rocking your natural hair(no perm)like everyone else and then take a pic of that.

candice
candice
Reply to  Anndriska

I agree with you Anndriska. If that was my hair I’d be very proud. I’d be sure to put my face in the pic. If you have natural healthy hair, then show your natural face along with it. I dont doubt its her hair. If you are a celeb and dont have healthy hair something is wrong…you have the resources available to you. But if you want to show a piece of your natural self…show it all! Chillin with no makeup on.

polymathk

Y’all are some haters. All I see are comments about how irrelevant this post is or how she if faking and that’s not even her. The wigs, the make-up is NOT really her…it’s her character she has created, that happens to make her money and feed her annd those in her life who she provides for. She probably doesn’t want her face shown with her natural hair because as a huge worldwide celebrity, she wants to protect who shee really is when she’s not Niki Minage. STOP HATING!! If half of you haters had the nerve or the talent, you… Read more »

Lisa
Lisa
Reply to  polymathk

I mean no disrespect particularly if you truly love Nicki. But I think there is some strong validity to the idea that the post is irrelevant. And the reason for that is hypocrisy. If you put a song on the radio that has a line about nappy… needing some perminator (not quoting perfectly) and then months/a year later post a photo of your chemical free hair. You are asking for a reaction. Now, for her talent, she’s not my cup of tea so I won’t get into a whether she is talented or not thing. To each her own, BUT… Read more »

Ms. D
Reply to  polymathk

Why are you so mad?

No one is hating on her. They are stating the obvious. A strip of hair..with no face is being shown. That could be anyone’s hair!

Reply to  Ms. D

No dear, I’m not mad, just a little concerned. If all these people on here talking about how sick they are of hearing thiis womans name, then why click on the link to read the article, see the pic, and then take time to comment. I was about to pass on reading the article myself, but decided to click on the link anyway because I just KNEW there would be some hating going on in the comments section. It’s a little comical actually. All these women putting Niki down SOUND like a bunch of insecure, ugly internet trolls. If that… Read more »

anonymous
anonymous
Reply to  Ms. D

She is mad because people are talking about her ‘god’ in a less than flattering manner. People these days are sick in the head who worship these celebrities. They will defend them to the death. They don’t even know how crazy they sound going hard for people who don’t even know them. I agree with whoever said they’d shutter at the thought of trading lies.…I mean ‘lives’ with ‘Nicki Minaj’. She looks tormented and miserable. What the poster really meant to say is if given the chance SHE would gladly trade lives with ‘Nicki Minaj’ in a NY minute.…and that… Read more »

DCW
DCW
Reply to  anonymous

Amen!

Reply to  anonymous

Girl Shut up! I am not a fan of her or anyone else like that, but I think its unfair how black women chomp at the bits attacking other black women, especially women in the entertainment biz. Its hard enough as it is without your own people showing so much outright HATE and disdain. Get over your self. Ugh.

Eme
Eme
Reply to  polymathk

Oh I get it. Because she is black and we (I’m assuming) are black, we are suppose to love and support everything she does, no matter how insulting, degrading, hypocritical, and flat-out ignorant it is. You do realize she doesn’t know that you exist, right? People are making valid points and observations about her, and you are out here defending her like you have a personal stake in her success. News flash, she will not thank you. As a matter of fact, if you died today, she wouldn’t give a rat’s ass. Think about that the next time you want to play… Read more »

Nikki
Nikki
Reply to  polymathk

Oh u mad?!…
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/81416686.jpg[/img]

Not that serious ma. Home girl put out a song where she talked ill of natural hair. That’s her right but she did. Now she post a pic of “her” with natural hair. It seems off to me…so I too blow it off as irrelevant. I hatin’ her hustle. Get money but I don’t have be sweatin’ her like that or the pic of “her” hair.

Reply to  Nikki

Why does everyone take that line in her rap song as a personal insult. The woman is a rapper, her rivals aree rappers. She was shooting slugs their way. If you know you look good with you knappy hair, why do you get so defensive when someone talks about knappy hair in a negative way. It one thing I know is that you never have to defend youself against someones ill-conceived opinion of you if you know who you are and what you have. All the negative comments are redundant and pointless.

juanita617
juanita617
Reply to  polymathk

I don’t know of the word nappy ever being used as a complimentary description of someone’s hair. Whenever I hear it, it’s always insulting so I do take offense. There are lot of women who visit this website who are embracing what for years, have been told to them is not pretty. Some things are just insulting, and yes, it the same old story, but things have to change. Thanks to this site change is happening and minds are being renewed. Nicki Minaj is an entertainer and we shouldn’t take much of anything she says too seriously, because as I… Read more »

thefword
thefword
Reply to  polymathk

Why is that when someone doesn’t like what someone else likes it automatically equates to envy. I’m sorry but I wouldn’t want to trade lives with Nicki Minaj even if I were living in a box. The charade she has to put on to keep people interested in her just looks completely exhausting. She and everyone knows that she wouldn’t be making as much money as she does if she weren’t TRYING to be controversial.

Reply to  thefword

Forgive me for being egotistical, but the difference between me and many of you here on this post is that I don’t think bashing another woman makes me look or feel any better. I belive that’s her hair in the picture, and the reason she doesn’t want to be seen with her real hair is because her look when she is rocking her real hair belongs to her, the wigs and the crazy costumes is what she considers her celebrity, and property of her fans. Yes I think a lot of comments here stem from envy. Not only is Minaj… Read more »

Nikki
Nikki
Reply to  polymathk

U still mad I see. I have no problem with Nicki Minaj doing whatever she wants but at the same time I don’t have to care for it and I can even dismiss it. I liked Nicki’s songs off her Its Barbie B*tch mix tape but in my opinion she has gone down a pop music path instead of the “Trina/Lil Kim” style I was hoping for. Her decision… more power to her. She made her own statement about natural hair. No one put it in her mouth…she did it. That’s fine as well. I went natural long before I… Read more »

anonymous
anonymous
Reply to  polymathk

I’m sorry but do Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, and Cassie pay your bills?? Did they talk you off the ledge of a building?? Do they tuck you in at night?? Do they kiss your boo-boos??
Keep it in perspective. They are practically a figment of your imagination. Also, here’s a little advice — because I’m assuming you’re kind of young. ‘Sexually confident’ is another way of saying someone is deeply insecure and whore-ish. That’s nothing to attain to. Even a prostitute is sexually confident and I assure you no one is jealous of her either.

Reply to  anonymous

Well when I say sexually confident, I don’t mean loose, you misunderstood. I mean a woman knowing that she is sexy and sexually desirable, and being comfortable with it. Not going around screwing everyone, but walking into a room knowing that men want her and women want to be her and hanndling it with grace. Something most women are missing these days. And no I don’t know any of these people personally, but I do know they are at the end of the day, people, and we should stop expecting them to be super human and not be affected by… Read more »

DCW
DCW
Reply to  polymathk

@polymathk

NO…just no!

Reply to  DCW

Here again another reason black women are annoying…perpetual self-denial. Yes I am black btw.

DCW
DCW
Reply to  polymathk

Again…NO! You’re saying too much and doing too much. I’ll let you have the last word, but please “GROW UP”!!!…take as much time as you need Sweetheart. What I’ve found in my life experience is that people who use the word “annoying” tend to be the most “annoying”. You just called your own self out to support your petty argument, or lack thereof. It’s just not that serious, but I trust you’ll be alright. Please remember, Jesus loves you…no really He does, I can’t say much for Miss Minaj, because I don’t know her, Do you?(rhetorical question). Take care &… Read more »

Reply to  DCW

Thanks for allowing me the last word. You took time out of your day to comment on a post about someone you allegedly care nothing about and can’t stand, but you’re telling me to grow up? Get real.

Crist
Crist

Its just weird that someone so self-centered and clearly loves attention on her mug and body (which is fine if thats your personality!) didnt take a picture with her face in it, it plain and simple is the total opposite of nicki..so yes something is just not right so im not going to fight my instincts on this just bcuz i want to believe its her.

juanita617
juanita617

Looks like she’s just jumping on the natural hair band-wagon but again, she’s an entertainer and none of us actually really know her.

NewNaturalista
NewNaturalista

Nicki Minaj is East Indian and Afro-Trinidadian.

df
df

couldn’t care less. it’s her hair, her career (well, she’s pretty much a puppet for her record company and whoever styles and directs her career)…so she can do whatever with her hair.

Here’s another opportunity to get into the same old arguments about someone else’s hair though…and go!

Lisa
Lisa

Ugh. This girl. I’m not a Nicki fan for sooo many reasons but, what on earth was this photo supposed to accomplish?!

She’s talked about women needing “perminators”. I don’t think this is about showcasing natural hair, or any kind of hair as much as it is her having something to prove. The caption: “no perm, no chemicals”.

So, you don’t have one but you tell other people they need to get one. SIDE EYE. I know it’s only entertainment and I pray that she is being a caricature or illustrating satire. But my right mind, says SHE AIN’T.

Carmen
Carmen

Is it me or does the hair have a teal color/slight hue to it? The name of this blog is black girl with long hair..Nikki is acting as is she is someone special bc her hair is growing out of her head..is it just me..It irks me when black celebrities show their real hair and as if saying, look at me I wear weaves but my hair is long..ummm sooooo..bc this is nicki and knowing what she has said about black hair in the past, i can’t help but think that this has an underlying condescending tone

PMS
PMS

She is irrelevant…miss me with all that piece of “hair”

Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

That’s nice, Nicki. Well done you. I cannot even begin to express how impressed and awed I am…

abcdefg
abcdefg

She’s holding the other end of the weave… foh, try again…

Natalee
Natalee

I don’t get the whole “black celebs showing their ‘natural’ hair” trend. If your image and brand is about wigs and weaves, then what’s the point of posting pictures when you’re not going to wear it out for the world to see on the regular basis? I can’t image Beyonce on stage without shaking her lace front and I don’t expect her to because its part of her image and she looks amazing while doing it. The same goes for women like Tyra Banks who have shown their hair as if they deserved a medal. Nicki wears colorful wigs and… Read more »

Curly Queen
Reply to  Natalee

I agree. Do you and stop trying to prove your hair heritage. Rock your weave, wig, perm and keep it pushing.

Mai
Mai

Wow, really BGLH. You did a post on Nicki Minaj, she totally decided to call out every single, solidary natural woman on this planet because she has met them and wants them all to know they need a “perminator.” She definitely was not talking about Lil’Kim, why would she be? What did Lil’Kim do to her, she totally didn’t diss her or nothing. And even if she did, rappers don’t make diss tracks that are directed toward a specific person, they would be directed towards the world, duh. (-_-) In other news, I wish I would’ve seen her face. It’s… Read more »

KaraJ
KaraJ

It is interesting to see all of the comments from everyone, personally I feel if she’s natural that’s cool and if she’s not natural that’s cool too.…no money out my paycheck

NancyM
NancyM
Reply to  KaraJ

KaraJ — couldn’t agree more!

Toni
Toni

LOL. Null and void !

debbie
debbie

yeah show me the face with the hair and i will believe it kmt. that could be anyones hair.

Vonnie
Vonnie
Reply to  debbie

LOL show me the carfax

binks
binks

I agree with those who stated that the no face = worthless picture, not saying she doesn’t have long natural hair but this is an odd picture to take. Then again, I never understood celebs and the quick photo-op with their natural hair like they don’t have to prove to anyone what their hair looks like regardless…shrugs

MRS
MRS

Eh. Who knows.

With her hair being constantly under full wigs and not tracks, if she left it alone and kept it healthy underneath, she could have a nice head of hair. (shrugs)

Toni
Toni

I can only believe this if I was to see her fair attached to that hair. It’s like if you want people to think your hair is naturally long then why wouldn’t you show your face?

Vonnie
Vonnie

I’mma just go ahead and call BS on this one. Take away the fact that I don’t care for her music or style AT ALL.……considering how everything else about her has been fake and/or fabricated (body parts, bisexuality, style, etc.) I just don’t believe her. Plus how hard would it have been to get someone to take the pic that shows the hair on her head?????? I’m sorry Ms. Minaj, but we don’t believe you, and you need more people.

dd
dd

It could be her natural flat-ironed hair. Mine looks like that now but usually I wear mine curly

Sieta

If this is her hair, I’m not surprised! Celebs can sometimes have the best stylists who take good care of their hair. Not all but many do.

codfish

she does not want to show her face…Why???

candice
candice

My father is from Trinidad and though I’ve never seen or known my paternal grandfather I can guarantee you that he was black b/c I have black hair! I have thick hair and when I used to perm it regularly I’d have the nice thick shiny hair but now its natural and its black! Not everyone from Trinidad is mixed so you can’t generalize. I’m proud to look more African than anything.

Kay
Kay

It amazes me the idiocy loud divide even on a site with a common ground that suppose to unite us. All this long convo about her hair is stupid. Especially the back and forth about “Trinidadian”. She phrased t wrong but yes it’s a strong possibility that women from Guyana, Trinidad, Jamaica so on and so forth has some East Indian background hence the texture. Big deal! I highly doubt the young lady was professing that it was better hair. Get over attacking people for having a certain texture hair! It’s not enough that we are natural but we don’t… Read more »

Tamikah
Tamikah

I think some of the ignorance on here about culture is disgusting, not all trini’s are mixed so that is FALSE. Also who cares if she is a dohgla (Indian and black) trust that doesn’t make your hair straight. All i can say one Trinidadian to the world is who cares and if she was so PROUD why are you hiding your face. I think she likes the attention this post just caused and the three seconds it took me to right this: im done.

rachou
rachou

rachou
rachou

She is a weirdo, She is just trying to get attention from the natural community… Lets just move on !

Sophie
Sophie

Two points: 1. She says “no chemicals, no perm” which does not exclude blow drying or even flat ironing! How straight you can get your hair doesn’t have to do with curl pattern as much as the coarseness of the individual hairs. I have a Chinese friend (fully ethnically Chinese) with wavy hair, and her hair is very resistant to straightening because it is coarse. My fine 4a hair will get very straight with just a blowdryer and some tension. 2. She may not be showing her face because she’s not wearing any makeup! I’m not an expert but I… Read more »

K.Nicole
Reply to  Sophie

Michelle
Michelle

I’m confused. I always thought Nicki Minaj had long hair (based on old photos and videos), so this isn’t a shock or anything new. I remember I wore a wig for about 7 months straight almost, and my hair got so long and thick. So I don’t doubt she is telling the truth. Nice to see her hair for once. And maybe she’s not showing that face because her face isn’t made up all the way.

Lenya

How do we even know that is her?

Jonelle
Jonelle
Reply to  Lenya

I was sitting here reading it and thinking the same thing. if it is really her then she would have shown a picture of her face. I don’t believe it at all. if it is true then happy for her. if not then she might want to retrack her tweet.

Likewaterforchocolat
Likewaterforchocolat
Reply to  Jonelle

I know right. I am a bit skeptical. After all, NIcki does hve that “special” relationship with the truth when it comes to just about everything (body parts, sexuality, age, etc.)

Shellz
Reply to  Lenya

Lol…

napfrocurlzgirl
Reply to  Lenya

Ditto. No face.…it could be anyone. Besides, at that angle, she didn’t take the pic herself.

adeje clarke
Reply to  Lenya

that hair is as fake as her nicki needs to find god and the rest of her body parts looooool

Joy P Love

Um,
She is fake, her hair is fake and she is fake too! I don’t like anything about her and I really think she’s fake. But did I mention she’s fake?

Lolita
Lolita
Reply to  Joy P Love

She is fake. True story!

Davonte
Reply to  Lolita

Stfu!! You mad?? You mad because she can afford to be fake,which she is not, (somebody drunk off that haterade)

napfrocurlzgirl
Reply to  Davonte

Um, she’s had implants of the ying yang…wigs/weaves and all that other tacky looking stuff. Like her music but she is WAYYYYY beyond fake.

Tamar
Tamar

Nicki is trini and mixed with Indian trini hence her real name being Onika Maraj and I know plenty of trinidadians with natural straight hair

Ishalla
Ishalla
Reply to  Tamar

There are plenty of people of African descent from all over the World that have straight hair. We don’t have to be “mixed” with anything to have straight or loosely curled hair. I think it’s her hair and so what? It doesn’t look particularly beautiful. It’s not in a cute style, it’s just pulled as far as it can go off the side of her head. I’m confused as to why the length or texture of her hair is of any importance. I think there are plenty of Black girls with long hair as even the name of this web… Read more »

Karen
Karen
Reply to  Ishalla

Well put, thank you. Minaj tweeting this was supposed to say what to her fans? (Of which, I am absolutely NOT one!) How can you claim to be “natural” when your whole persona consists of extreme fakeness? LOL

Harrison
Harrison
Reply to  Karen

AWESOME RESPONSE!!!!!! WELL SAID

Mimi
Mimi
Reply to  Ishalla

Boom.

Randomosity
Randomosity
Reply to  Tamar

What does have to do with the cost of tea in China?

MisC
MisC
Reply to  Randomosity

Lol! This sounds very Nigerian! I’m not a fan of N M as person, but I think she sings well. I totally think this pic is fake too. I’m so not impressed!

krise
krise
Reply to  Randomosity

Haha, my parents are Jamaican & my mom used to say that ALL the time! And as for Nicki, she can go ahead and have several (plastic & weaved) seats, LOL!

Michelle
Michelle
Reply to  Tamar

Being from the Caribbean period means that you can have straight hair without being ‘mixed’. Although I’m not really sure anyone of us over here can claim that we aren’t mixed in some way, we all know about slavery and of course the plantation owners were never known for keeping to themselves so some perfectly black people with no Indian or any other mixed in have straight hair.

rei
rei
Reply to  Michelle

What the heck? People in the Caribbean are just as mixed as people from America! What did you think Black folk in the Caribbean just appeared there from nowhere? Slave trade hit those places as well…we mixed with white folk and Taino and whoever else same as Americans did…I’m not sure where this ‘carib=free pass to straight hair’ myth comes from

Karen
Karen

When I see the hair attached to her head without thread, clips or glue, I’ll believe it.

Rae
Rae
Reply to  Karen

Precisely!!

Brii
Brii
Reply to  Karen

My points exactly. +++

Karen

LOL really?? That could be ANYBODY! I bet shes BALD LOL. I’m so SICK and TIRED of her the Gaga chick AND the Kardashians. A bunch of fakes. Nothing about them looks “natural” to me. Too much makeup, too much hair they look like plastic people LOL

tigerlily
tigerlily
Reply to  Karen

Lady Gaga? I think she is far from fake. She crazy as hell, but not fake.

Neesha Cherie
Neesha Cherie
Reply to  tigerlily

+1!!

tigerlily
tigerlily
Reply to  Karen

Lady Gaga? I think she is far from fake. She crazy as hell, but not fake. As for Nicki’s hair-if it’s hers, it’s hers. If it’s not, it’s not. No skin off my nose. I won’t lose sleep. Hell she could have flat ironed it. None of us know.

Jakookie
Jakookie

This could be anyone and this could be a pack of weave, what does this pic prove? Absolutely nothing.

Tamara
Tamara

Hmmm…I tried to care but then I lost a brain cell in the process, so I gave up lol.

goyta
goyta
Reply to  Tamara

this cracks me up 😀 number one comment of all that i’ve read so far!

chouxchoux
Reply to  Tamara

+10 xD

abi
abi
Reply to  chouxchoux

your comment was a great start to my dal
*hugs*

Coconut And Cream
Reply to  Tamara

LMBO!

GeecheeGoddess
GeecheeGoddess

A long time ago I realized that there are some naturals that are just never going to come out of their wigs and/or weaves. So I am not going to wait around for her to reveal her real hair. I think with the crew she roles with (Lil Wayne) and the character they have marketed for her, she is never going to rock her real hair. Especially not in its natural state.

Coi
Coi

In her broke underground artist days she never wore a
Wig. Her real hair was long jet black with deep waves, and very healthy looking. I’m sure this is a pic of her real hair, but you can always google her low budget videos.

Socialite Dreams

if she is, what a hypocritical douche. “ya’ll nappy headed hoes need a permanator” but i’m supposed to jump for joy that she might be natural? girl bye

Ishalla
Ishalla

That is a very good point. I find her statement to be insulting to Black women especially with natural hair.She does not deserve a platform on this site, until she has apologised, she should be banned. I cant believe we are aupposed to care whats under her wig when what comes out of her mouth is so degrading to us.

Ishalla
Ishalla

That is a very good point. I find her statement to be insulting to Black women especially with natural hair.She does not deserve a platform on this site, until she has apologised, she should be banned. I cant believe we are supposed to care whats under her wig when what comes out of her mouth is so degrading to us.

m2
m2

Great point…

JLouise
Reply to  m2

Well said. Every time I see her name and or face I’m disappointed 🙁 in the site, that is.

Random
Random

It don’t matter if she mixed with Indian trini, they can have bad hair too. Any race can have bad hair. I think it’s fake, cause if it was real she would wear. At least show us the roots of your hair Nicki.

Ishalla
Ishalla
Reply to  Random

Bad” hair? We have too much work to do, Maybe this site should do more articles to help us re-program our slave mentality. Ms Minaj has exposed our foolishness more than she exposed her hair. “Bad” hair, really? really? Come Sis please do better

suri
suri
Reply to  Ishalla

i think she is saying that bad hair has to do with the health of the hair. notice she said any race can have bad hair.

Random
Random
Reply to  suri

Thank you! That’s my point!

I have no idea what that other lady is talking about.

Random
Random
Reply to  suri

Thank you! That’s my point! I have no idea what that other lady is talking about.

Nicole T.
Nicole T.

I looked on her twitter to see the picture. Since the picture was posted in such an attention grabbing way (to get “uglygang” upset…) I have to assume it’s fake. When a person is fake in everything else they do, I can’t trust that one thing is real, ESPECIALLY when there’s no real proof.

Chinyere Ezinwanyi
Chinyere Ezinwanyi

It doesn’t matter because she does NOT represent natural hair to the public. My 5year old saw a picture of her in Jet and asked if she can have pink hair like “that pretty lady”. So she can have healthy hair all she wants, but that is not the image she portrays and that is not what little girls around the world see on a regular basis. I was so proud of Viola Davis who went to the Oscars and proudly wore her natural hair. My heart was full of joy. I am glad Nicki’s hair is healthy, but she still… Read more »

Valerie Smith

@ Socalite Dreams, thank you. She is too rude. I have no interest in her hair, I have my own.

april
april

Some of these replies are 0_0
Why are people goin so hard trying to prove that Black women have naturally straight hair? I don’t get why anyone would take the comment about some trini women having long hair personal. It’s the truth…why take it as an attack on Black women in general?

And why are people so pressed to prove that that’s not her hair? I’m not even a super nikki fan like that but I will say that the “nappy headed hoes” was a shot at lil Kim…I doubt it was meant to offend all Black women

Ishalla
Ishalla
Reply to  april

I was offended by her comment. If she called Lil Kim’s name any other time why not just say it again? Besides she and KIm both wear wigs. and “Hoes” is plural so yeah she was making a statement. The fact that she thinks that “nappy” is an insult, is insulting to me and it shows her ignorance. I am happy to be nappy and I would think people coming to this site would embrace all our lovely hair textures. Miss me with the Minaj explainations, she doesn’t represent or want to represent natural hair so she does not deserve… Read more »

Karen
Karen
Reply to  Ishalla

Girl, you are on point! lol

jewellthief
jewellthief
Reply to  Ishalla

well said.…

merry
merry

dang. i just don’t understand why people care so much about her.

Mighty Afrodite
Mighty Afrodite

Ummm…this is about as authentic as a UFO siting. Just saying…Natural or not it’s hard to identify whose hair this is since it is not attached to a head/face (or body for that matter) Just saying…seems like a publicity stunt to get folks talking. That being said…dangnabit I just got punked. No offense, but why did this even get posted.

Mignon
Mignon

Can we see a face attached to the hair?.…that could be anybody!

Tiff deflor

Really? First we had to wonder about her behind now we have to wonder about her hair? She is very clever. No I refuse to give it another thought. I’m done as soon as this sentence is finished.

Tiff deflor

Really? First we had to wonder about her behind now we have to wonder about her hair? She is very clever. No I refuse to give it another thought. I’m done as soon as this sentence is done.

Ronnie
Ronnie

Not impressed.

AfroMohawkable
AfroMohawkable

Why do we really care?

sexylocs50s
sexylocs50s

I think it is sad we are even having conversation about natural hair, if the comment a negative one, please keep it to yourself. i remember in the sixties and seventies we were proud wear our hair natural, i for one wore my afro and i was so proud of it. Nicki Minaj should be very careful of her negative lyrics,and remember alot of little girls are listening to them like my granddaughter age 6. i do not like it. The picture do not show us who the hair belong and the tweet is to get people talking about her and… Read more »

Tash
Tash

I really don’t think the pic was meant to be taken that seriously. She tweeted it saying that she hates getting her hair braided and has one more braid to go. Obviously she braids her hair under those wigs. The uglygang comment was made when people started responding nastily like some of the comments here — spreading hate. Like so many black people she is mixed which makes her texture a bit looser. Like many of us naturals know, mixed heritage does not make your hair long. We take care of our hair and it grows. Period. Why people are… Read more »

Lin
Lin
Reply to  Tash

Thank you! I am so done with some of the nastiness people here seem to have; and it’s becoming more and more common. People automatically jumping to assume it’s fake, she’s fake, and just all this negativity that is really unneeded. The toxic way so many of the girls here talk, karma’s going to come around and bite them in the butt. If they spread this much hatred over the internet, I can imagine they do the same thing in the real world.

Shahidah
Reply to  Lin

I think people assume that because if you are going to share a picture why just show a strip of hair and not your face attached to the pic…seems quite odd to me.

Rene
Rene
Reply to  Shahidah

Maybe she was looking a hot mess. Who hasn’t taken pics of their hair alone before??? I know I have! Stop reading that much into it. Look, if it’s not really her hair, how does that affect everyone else’s life?

Shahidah
Reply to  Rene

I guess if I was going to make a POINT out of it I would show my face.

Shahidah

where’s her face?

Beth
Beth

Lol. Nicki knows how to get ’em talking.

lovelycurls
lovelycurls

Something is seriously wrong with this girl. She claims to have“No chemicals. No perm.” Where in her rap music she constantly disses black women and wants them to get perms when she’s black herself “these nappy headed hoes need a permintor” She has issues and I bet she has a perm.

NaturalHairGirl
NaturalHairGirl

It’s not about being mixed,it’s not even about being caribbean.Can her hair be naturally straight?Of course.Are we sure it’s hers?Absolutely NOT.Showing a tweet pic of an arm with hair is in no way proof it’s real nor that it’s actually hers.This pic is ridiculous…SMH

English Rose

Im still trying to work out what point NJ (if it really is her??) is making and why she thinks anyone would give a hoot!

Amber
Amber

black womens is the most hating species there is can’t always got to pick some one apart you mad because her hair reach beyond neck length Amherst get over your self

Corinne
Reply to  Amber

MOST BLACK WOMEN THAT I KNOW, ESPECIALLY THE ONE’S WITH NATURAL HAIR HAVE LONG HAIR ALL THE WAY DOWN THEIR BACKS. SO WHAT IS THERE TO HATE ABOUT? PEOPLE DON’T HATE NICKI BECAUSE OF HAIR, ITS BECAUSE SHE IS IGNORANT. SHE IS A DISGRACE TO BLACK WOMEN EVERYWHERE.

anastasia
anastasia
Reply to  Amber

Amber, Amber, Amber.….please stop it. Who has hurt you?

vicky
vicky

regardless ive seen pictures of her hair before all the fame, she is mixed with indian and black, and she has a full head of curly hair

Corinne
Reply to  vicky

INDIAN AND BLACK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CURLY HAIR. ANYWAY NICKI MANAJ IS IGNORANT. SHE IS NOT A ROLE MODEL FOR YOUNG BLACK GIRLS. SHE IS A DISGRACE. SHE HAS DONE NOTHING POSITIVE FOR THE WORLD. SHE IS GHETTO, HOOD, AND UNEDUCATED.

Louis
Louis
Reply to  Corinne

she is a bad role model? :L please she had to move away from trinidad with her mother because her dad was an abusive/alcoholic who tried to kill her mother by setting the house on fire while she was in it. she moved to Queens and tried to get in to Laguardia high school and got turned away from the music side of the school but got in to the drama side, she had over 25 different jobs and even though she quit or got turned away she still went back for more, shes now become the most successful female artist… Read more »

Valencia612
Valencia612
Reply to  Louis

most successfulsuccessful female artist of all time?” Keep it real.

Nena
Nena
Reply to  Louis

from what i’ve heard from people that knew/met her before she was famous, she was a prostitute in queens before she was noticed. yeah, she’s suuuch a great role model.

Erica
Erica
Reply to  Louis

Blah Blah Blah!
Ok, she’s a survivor… Praise the Lord!

How many immigrants have more tragedic stories.
Whatever, with this lunatic…fake body having
disrespectful person…Just sad!

We accept and follow anybody!

Sure Martin, Malcom, Sojurner and heck OBAMA..really
takes credit for their survivial stories..

She’s another Tropical Bird who did what she had to do
to so called live the dream..She lost what little identity of a woman of color and intelligence…

See the bigger picture..

Let’s really get it together people!

smhh

Kellie
Reply to  Erica

I got a giggle at a word you used. Tragedic? Nicki may have a tragedic…not gonna check to see LOL. I think you meant tragic. Thanks for the giggle though. LOL

tt
tt
Reply to  vicky

Since when is Nikki MIXED with Indian and black? Where do ppl come up wit ish like that from!

NIchi
NIchi
Reply to  tt

Well I don’t know about Indian but I do know about the Trinidadian part. You know a lot of those island people have nice hair but come on let’s not get it twisted. None of us (black people) are 100% African or we’d be African. Duh, we’ve got some of everything mixed in us.

natu
natu
Reply to  NIchi

Africans have had curly ahir even before the white man landed. The fulanis, Madingo, kanga and somalians all have curly hair. If you are not african, what are you?

natu
natu
Reply to  natu

I meant hair

Reply to  NIchi

Some blacks are so delusional. Since you want to take it there, nobody in the entire world is 100% of anything, everybody in the entire world is mixed, this doesn’t just apply to blacks.

And what does being 100% African even mean? It’s a continent, not a race or ethnic group.

The ignorance online is unbelievable sometimes.

natu
natu
Reply to  Eloisa

I agree with u. Everybody is mixed up. The point I was trying to make is that a black person does not have to be mixed in order for the to have curly hair!!!! Africans are very diverse people with different features.

Trinihibiscuskfc
Trinihibiscuskfc
Reply to  tt

I am from Trinidad and as far as we know she is mixed with East Indian hence her last name maharaj. She is what we Trinis call a Dougla which is half black half East Indian

fifiqt33
fifiqt33
Reply to  tt

TT… i’m not here to be pro nicki. but like the guy below said she is part indian. Her name is Onika Maraj. In trinidad where i am from, most people are mixed with a little indian (hence the term west indies) but nicki is like actually part indian. if you watch her MTV special you will see how indian her family is.

just wanted to spread the truth.

Lala
Lala
Reply to  fifiqt33

Lol! The reason the west indies is called the west indies is because christopher columbus got lost. Wow the comment here make me weep for humanity.

Jamie
Jamie
Reply to  tt

Many Indians(from India) migrated to Trinidad(history lesson here). So she has that nationality in her background.

Kellie
Reply to  tt

They got it from Wikipedia LOL.

Dana
Dana

that could be anybody. and anybody can be ‘natural’ under a wig or a weave. its a coward that hides behind wigs and weaves 100% of the time when they dont even have to.

NIchi
NIchi
Reply to  Dana

I agree, the picture could very well be anyone. However, your coward comment isn’t true. I have a friend who has very long soft hair and is 3 yrs natural. She keeps a weave and only shows her hair long enough to make an appt for another weave while this one is out. A week at the most. She calls it protective styling. Who wants to flat iron, curl or do all that damage to their hair everyday if they don’t have to? Come on now, stop hating.

Reply to  NIchi

People kill me with this, weave is a protective style nonsense. Please. There are lots of other ways to protect your natural hair that don’t include sowing or gluing some asian woman’s hair onto your scalp. Also, if she’s just wearing all that fake hair to protect her own hair, how come the hair she uses doesn’t remotely resemble her own? Let’s be realistic here. The majority of black women don’t wear weave and wigs to grow or protect their natural hair. They wear it because they are ashamed of their own hair, wished they had straight hair or they don’t… Read more »

lisa
lisa
Reply to  Eloisa

No.…wearing crazy wigs is part of her job.…would she really be nicki without her wigs.…..she would just be another chick.…..its just another part of being in the entertainment industry it isnt even that deep

Kellie
Reply to  lisa

It is NOT her JOB to wear wigs…it is her CHOICE! And yes, she would still be Nicki Minaj without the horrible wigs.…in fact she would be even more Nicki Minaj without them…she would be REAL. There isn’t anything about her that is real. From her fake accents to her fake hair she is completely UNREAL.

Bri
Bri
Reply to  Eloisa

Um, Eoisa is it? Its seems that you are not only ignorant in general to say such offensive things towards women of color, but also ignorant to some of the reasons why women of ALL races, not just black women wear weaves, extensions, wigs and to the fact that weaves and extensions all started within the European and British culture dating as far back as the 18 century. See back then, European and British women tried to imitate French women because they often envied thier tresses and wanted hair just like thiers so they started weaving horsehair into thier own… Read more »

A'Kiyia

Now any other time she take pics
showing her face. Why not know????

A'Kiyia
Reply to  A'Kiyia

Text Error above:
I meant to Say: Why not Now :-(((

Nappy Queen
Reply to  A'Kiyia

exactly! this is random and ridiculous. she is a lame for that.

VENUS
VENUS

Can someone please explain to me WHY THE HELL would she LIE about this being her natural hair?? Or any other celebrity for that matter? When a normal everyday person comes on here w long hair and wears protective styling weaves, wigs etc it’s accepted but bc someone is famous they are lying? She’s not showing her face maybe bc its not a BIG DEAL to her. Maybe to her it’s just hair and she wanted to Take quick pic. I’ve done it plenty times. So what. Lol what makes u guys think the ‘natural hair community’ is sooo important… Read more »

Michelle
Michelle
Reply to  VENUS

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Reply to  VENUS

Why would she lie? Simple, because she’s an attention whore. Just like most celebs. First she makes a song about ‘nappy headed hoes needing perminators’ and now she wants to show us her ‘long natural hair’, please Nicki stop. She such a hypocrite, it’s disgusting.

imani
imani
Reply to  Eloisa

thank you! she did it bc its convenient and shines a light on her. same reason jay‑z sudenly wanted to stop using b**ch bc NOW he has a daughter. You make ur money degrading your ppl but then when it suits your needs, its another story. Until I see a photo of her full face with HER hair actually being done,I dont beleive it. Not that id care one way or the other bc im not a fan. Good for her if thats her hair. Im more concerned abt the image she puts out there for black women, her vulgar… Read more »

Reply to  imani

I couldn’t agree more. Rappers have already made millions of young blacks believing it’s perfectly normal to call women the b‑word and to call other black men the n‑word. Jay‑z is a pathetic and disgusting human being. He makes a song called n‑word in paris. Has people of all races singing this bs all over the world. Has the world believing all blacks are ok with calling each other the n‑word, but when he performed for an all white audience he had the decency to omit the word ‘whitey’ in his lyrics, because white people may have felt offended by… Read more »

Arla
Arla
Reply to  VENUS

Someone get Venus a pair of them thick black rim glasses. “I was a fan of her underground era”. Hipsters come in every color of the rainbow I guess. I thought it was just a white people thing.
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fuckinHIPSTERS.jpg[/img]

Lola Q.
Lola Q.

I norm do not post comments, but these comments are seriously disgusting! Pppl on here are horrible … none of the naysayers would actually say this to her face. Nicki is a successful business woman, not bc of anybody but bc she is a hard worker and has drive. And,I am so tired of “older” ppl assuming that they are “wise” please do not lay any of your “knowledge” on me. ITS HAIR!

Corinne
Reply to  Lola Q.

YOU THINK NICKI IS A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS WOMAN? SERIOUSLY? SHE IS A DISGRACE. WOULD YOU LET YOUR CHILD LOOK UP TO A WOMAN LIKE HER? I HOPE NOT. SHE IS NOT PORTRAYING OUR RACE IN A POSITIVE LIGHT. SHE IS NOT AN EDUCATED SISTA WHO IS TRYING TO CREATE A SENSE OF PEACE FOR THIS WORLD. SHE IS JUST A DISGRACE.

Lanee
Lanee

Um…why did I even view this?

joli
joli

Just to say if all she put was “no chemicals, no perm” was she really even claiming that the picture is of her hair? im seriously asking cause i dont know.

Kellie
Reply to  joli

If it was her hair she would show her face. She’s too big of a fame whore for not to.

Angellicous
Angellicous

Cant see this chick.. So how do we know thats its N. M. ?

Corinne

SHE IS THE ONE WHO SAID THESE NAPPY HEADED HOES NEED A PERMANATOR IN HER RHYME. NICKI MANAJ IS VERY IGNORANT AND SHE IS A DISGRACE TO THE AFRICAN AMERICAN RACE.

Crystal
Crystal
Reply to  Corinne

Um, but’s she not African American, she’s Trini

natu
natu
Reply to  Corinne

I agree with your comment a 100% but African American is not a race!!!

Kellie
Reply to  Corinne

Correction…she is a disgrace to the HUMAN race!

Kinkalot
Kinkalot

wait, are these women seriously upset that a celebrity with CELEBRITY money has long hair? look at how long she’s been wearing wigs, of course she’s going to have long healthy hair underneath. she’s probably washing and braiding it once a week. throwing on a wig cap and doing her thing. it’s insane that you ladies are so pressed. I bet you don’t believe Beyonce or Oprah have long natural hair either do you? her persona is just that, a PERSONA. for you all to sit here and berate a person you don’t even know speaks to who you all are… Read more »

DiDi
DiDi
Reply to  Kinkalot

Actually Oprah does have a LOT of hair and it’s beautiful. Beyonce…sorry it’s fake. As far as NM is concerned, maybe she was just upset and decided to p&& someone off. Don’t forget, she recently had an argument with Mariah Carey (who has beautiful long hair) or who knows maybe the fiasco with MC was just a gimmick to get viewers. Anyway, if it’s her hair, that’s great. If it isn’t, try not to take it so personal. She in the ENTERTAINMENT business. lol

Tania
Tania

Won’t believe until I see what it’s attached to

keashia applewhite
keashia applewhite

let me find out that sum of these people bold head i have good hair on my mama and my daddy side the people that is bold head need help

keashia applewhite
keashia applewhite

i wonder y she lied well if she didnt have no hair y she didnt say it

Ms.V
Ms.V

This look like the same stylist who did Toya twitter photo!!!

Jade
Jade

this is bullshit that the same picture that was used on another site as beyonces natural hair this same picture has been used for several black celebrities claiming to be their natural hair.

Frieda
Frieda

You Guys and Gals are cracking me up! It’s good to express yourself.
Ya or Nay I could care less.

Django

This is probably one of the dumbest posts I’ve come by. Ignorance is now a computer Virus. Get a Clue!!!! Wake up!!! And freaking turn off the TV for once in your life!

Glori05

First thing..this is a forum about HAIR not people’s character. So her lifestyle is not on trial. Secondly we can not force our views and values on her. She is put in a role where young girls will look up to her and admire if they are EXPOSED to her. So if you are allowing your children to be influenced by someone you have so much contempt for hen you must look at yourself. Secondly she may not want to wear her natural hair. Everyone is not a fan of it. We love our hair and embrace it but we… Read more »

Tara
Tara

I agree that everyone may not be a fan of natural hair. But those are not fans, should clearly not insult us who are wearing natural hair. Alot of the comments come from self-hating, self-loathers, who hate themselves. If you don’t like natural hair, that is strictly your opinion. But for us who choose to wear what we were born with, leave us alone. We know our natural hair is beautiful and for you to spend your time Facebooking, Twittering, and blogging about “nappy hair,” you’re strictly wasting your time. We are happy, curly, nappy, and beautiful. Join the club,… Read more »

Willow
Willow

Some of these comments beggers belief!!!!. As a black woman I find them embarrassing. I don’t actually care for Nikki M. I just see her as another Lady Gaga, going all out there with her styling. The comment made ” people who wear wigs and weaves are cowards” That is just the most ignorant and stupidiest comment I have ever come across!!!. Yes some people wear weaves and wigs cause they believe to be unattractive without them. There are plenty people out there who like to accenturate their natural looks with fake Afro puffs or the more natural looking hair… Read more »

justine
justine

Ppl dont have to look up to her but she is a eg. to woman not to rely on man, i think she change her life & we shall not judge her

liliy
liliy
Reply to  justine

not a fan.. but far frm a hater.. my only thing is, she stole lil kim style, if her nose, breast, booty, an personality is fake, her hair is too.. not buying it.. like she bought her everything.. listening to her makes my head hurt.. that music she puts out garbage.. wheres kim at.. clown this side show hoe!! gimmicks are us ass chicken head

Joarchie
Joarchie

I don’t see Nicki anywhere in the pic.. that could be anyone’s hair.. sorry I don’t buy it.

TT
TT

A picture of a woman pulling on hair? How do we know that it Nicki Minaj’s hair? There’s no face! I can’t go by a picture like this, please lol ! That could be anybody.

TT
TT
Reply to  TT

LOL @ these comments calling her a “role model” ! Please, r u serious? Because that’s a joke! I don’t hate her, but I can’t stand her. She has a very nasty self absorbed attitude, horrible irking speaking voice(why does she talk with her teeth closed, was her jaw ever broken?), her singing is just mediocre, and her rap is whack. Her gimmick is dying, because so many people are not impressed with it and are tired of it. She dissed LiL Kim, and Kim was doing all that stuff that she’s doing now, the koolaid hair, the controversial lyrics,… Read more »

Mariah
Reply to  TT

Ugh calm down TT. Nicki Minaj is known for her unique hairstyles of what you call “kool-aid”. She great and very sucessful. From where she has come from and her type of backstory, not everyone can make it that far. Besides, Nicki’s mother has beautiful long hair. You might be able to see her face, but it could possibly be her.

Mona Luv
Mona Luv
Reply to  Mariah

UNIQUE! How do you figure? Lil Kim was doing that before Nikki. CHILD PLEASE! As TT stated I don’t hate the little black girl who raps (Nikki’s words) I just can’t stand her, there for I’ve boycotted American Ideal and change the channel when ever this chemically imbalanced girl comes on. Freakin role model geez what has our country come to.

kay
kay
Reply to  Mona Luv

I thought that I was the only one to change the channel on American Idol when she comes on. lol I think more people should speak up and call the media out on this whole role model and her being unique.

kay
kay
Reply to  TT

TT I couldnt agree with you more. I dont hate or like her either I think she is very overated. Everyone is so quick to call her a orginal or unique but she is just following the trend that lil kim set years ago. Nikki even bites of Lady gaga’s style, I’ve seen them literally dressed in the same outfits and such. It seems like Nikki has incorported many different crazy personas and added that crazy accent and schizophrenic like characterics and branded herself as being orginal. There is nothing orginal about her she just doing what everyone before her… Read more »

zimzam
zimzam
Reply to  kay

NM was created by the music industry. Everything she does, says, wears, you could for the sake of arguments say that she is just following orders. Same for Gaga, Aguillera, Madonna etc.. etc…

zimzam
zimzam
Reply to  zimzam

If you want to become famous on that level, you become a sort of music industry Stepford Wife and give up who you really are — for good. Sounds like a marriage made in hell doesn’t it?

ROMAN
Reply to  TT

I also agree because I realy like nicki minaj and her singing and her koolaid hair tht u called

Anabelle Whitepaws
Anabelle Whitepaws
Reply to  TT

… or another wig.

ashlean
ashlean

Its her life if she wants to be fake or not ain’t my problem @ TT comment even if you don’t like her personalities it seems more that you just hate her down right ?

Mariah

I agree 100% with ashlean. Live your own life.

Mona Luv
Mona Luv
Reply to  Mariah

Then maybe she should of choose a diffrent career rather than being a rapper! you are aware of what your signing up for. Your going to be in the media and being judge by the world regardless

shan
shan
Reply to  Mona Luv

You have a lot of animosity for someone you don’t know. Don’t stress yourself over someone who you don’t like. It makes no sense their living their life regardless. Plus wasn’t this about hair? Its very possible, black women online use wigs and weaves as protective styles while having their own hair down their backs so why not Nikki?

bsbfankaren
bsbfankaren
Reply to  shan

And I don’t see “animosity” so much as a real and honest opinion of a public figure. But hey, at least you didn’t accuse her of being jealous.

Anabelle Whitepaws
Anabelle Whitepaws

I, too, would like to see more Sistas wearing their natural hair sometimes. Regarding the photo, I’d believe it had I seen her face in the photo. Perhaps she meant the new wig is natural and without chemicals…
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/familypraying.jpg[/img]

ma son
ma son

ok — made ya look! you guys win!

symone
symone

This could be Nicki because she trini like myself. Trini females are known for having long hair

LaLa
LaLa
Reply to  symone

nicki had long hair years ago. this pic has no face therefore is irrelevant! Why even take a pic of hair when we can’t even see yo face? Just like a Nicki moment!

tina
tina

It would be more believable if she would have shown her face. Why just tweet the hair and not the face? Who does that? I don’t believe it’s her and won’t believe it’s her until she shows her face and the hair coming from the scalp.

kaleen Baker
kaleen Baker
Reply to  tina

So true Tina, I’ve seen countless other black stars who show their real hair and you ALWAYS see their face. Cause they black and proud to show off their real hair, nappy or straight. Taraji P Henson is one, who reveals her real hair and of course shows her face. Why Nicki can’t do the same “if it’s her real hair” that is. Show us some face, root and scalp. Who posts a picture, of some woman pulling hair, and claim its theirs. Geez that’s soooo stupid, just like her song, stupid ho. I actually think she made that song… Read more »

sierra
sierra

lol why would she lie about this being her real hair ? ahahha like really people? Im not a stan, i’m just wondering why people think its fakee. Shes a wiggy wearer, meaning little manipulation on her actual hair. I believe it’s hers, she, like many other black women is just afraid to show how she really looks.

bsbfankaren
bsbfankaren
Reply to  sierra

Think about it. The photo is neither a lie nor the truth. It’s simply a photo of someone holding hair that was on Niki’s twitter feed, allowing us to make any assumptions we choose.

La
La

Nikki is a very beautiful girl, I can’t knock her hustle.

raven
raven

How come she isn’t in the picture?? LIES!!!!!

Goon

I think shes a jig so it doenst really matter, at the end of the day shes black. MF them all.

bsbfankaren
bsbfankaren
Reply to  Goon

Goon’s post should be deleted.

Nikki
Nikki

Nicki is playing out. She is not on the level of Mariah.And don’t forget she calls herself the black barbie and we all know what barbie is made of PLASTIC!!!

truly blessed
truly blessed

i think ppl should focus on the man/woman in the mirror and stop judging others, after all if it’s her hair or a wig she has earned the money to purchase what ever her heart desires, you go nikki, keep them guessing while you get paid in full!

truly blessed
truly blessed

and another thing if you females in this world stop worrying about her carreer, and focus on yours maybe you wouldnt be on these websites posting bs that dont concern you, you need to and should be at somebody job site making a living just like nikki, REAL HATERS dont want to see a black female do anything, but fail.

bsbfankaren
bsbfankaren
Reply to  truly blessed

And so.…since you are here to, posting what any number of people could consider bs, does that you you too should be on a “job site making a living?” I believe in positive affirmation and would never consider you a failure. Take care!

Phinest10

Lies, fairy tales, and fallacies I dont believe thats her. how you just gonna show some randoms hair? really though?

Lisa
Lisa

Nicky is a piece of vulgar trash, she has no talent and she’s fat. All you little kids who like her have no damn taste.

Mrs. Diva
Mrs. Diva

I do not care for her music. I do not think that she can rap or sing. Her success is based on how she looks, big boobs and a big butt(which in my opinion is fake, she may get butt injections)Nicki is just a Lil Kim wanna be.…I am from the era of when Lil Kim hit the scene and NOBODY can imitate her. I feel that she is giving our younger generation a false sense of being yourself. As far for this pic of her suppose to be real hair.…I don’t think so. How can you not show your… Read more »

dee
dee

First of all who cares abt this chickk andd her hair? She over here flaunting a pic claiming its hers. Dude dont convince us convince yourself! You so proud of your long hair flaunt it sometimes. And if u must share show your face! These celebs have keep up money but they hold on to their weaves like its a life jacket.i am over them all.i dont even know why we entertain celebs with hair they wear only when they in the salon. NEXT

niyahh
niyahh

Datsz crazy I c she have Hatersz on her shyt heavy … dont wrry about pplsz opinion datsz dem jus cus your opinion is yhu dont think of her as a role model dats your opinion itsz not lik your opinion mattersz cus ppl iz gne do them any way

#Bitch Swerve

Reply to  niyahh

I guess you weren’t paying attention in English class, were you hun? Seriously, why do you talk like that?

Jorge
Jorge
Reply to  Eloisa

It really annoys me when someone corrects grammar over the internet, Also it annoys me when dumb bitches use “hun” makes you seem like a slut. 🙂

Lorraine
Lorraine
Reply to  Jorge

It also really annoys me when when someone feels the need to step out of line by calling someone a bitch when it’s not needed. Wouldn’t you agree hun?

hassia
hassia
Reply to  Jorge

It really annoys me when someone correcting someone else, has not realised that it is not just the grammar that is at issue.

latoya
latoya
Reply to  Eloisa

like seriously niyyah? Why are u talking like that?

mat962620
mat962620
Reply to  niyahh

REALLY?

Bb
Bb
Reply to  niyahh

Men not a good look with that Ebonics selling

Mary
Mary
Reply to  niyahh

Oh. my. god. just because it is text doesnt mean you have to get ghetto! LEARN GRAMMAR!!

N`
N`

This is a very bleech pic. whos hair is it? we cant be sure. i really appreciate celebs who are not afraid/ashamed to show themselves without the trappings e.g. Taraji and hey Lil Mama tweeted her fro. Now that is natural in all its glory.

Keep on topic — this is a hair site not a role model discussion forum.

Lavendars
Reply to  N`

I’ll have to say in Nicki’s defenses that I doubt she would post a fake photo. She’s Caribbean, Triny to be exact, so having that back ground says much. Including I’ve seen her natural hair plenty times before she was signed with young money, and her earlier stages with the label… She has really nice long coolie hair. If you doubt it why wont you do your research.

In General: My question is why are people so negative? lool…

Trenaye
Reply to  Lavendars

Nicki Minaj is the same woman who photoshopped her face onto Beyonce’s picture and used it as her twitter avi. I think shes’ fully capable of posting a fake hair picture.
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/nicki-minaj-beyonce-photoshop.jpg[/img]

Jorge
Jorge
Reply to  Trenaye

Just to be clear, that was a fan that did that for her, She had no idea that it was Beyonce, so before you talk get your facts straight.

Trenaye
Reply to  Jorge

I’m sorry, your proof is where exactly? Are you the fan that made it? No, I didn’t think you were. What, did Nicki state that a fan made it? Lol, like celebrities and their publicists don’t lie and make things up when they realize they’ve been caught slipping. So before you talk, show some concrete evidence. Bye HUN, you’re dismissed.

Nicy

wow, never thought her ws so beautiful. i think she shud start to do her hair instead of putting wigs

me
me

There’s no face…I could say that its me in the chair. Seriously?

les
les

Nikki Minaj or Anika Maraj which is her real name is of East Indian descent hence the name Maraj. As an East Indian what quality of hair is she expected to have? The same quality of hair that is owned by all East Indians.

nikki
nikki
Reply to  les

, really depends on what your understanding of east indian is.….“maraj” really says nothing about her. her last name is just a name many slave descendants adopted from the Island of Trinidad. That wasnt a thoughtful comment. We should expect her to have the same texture or one of the many textures of hair that african-descendants have.…

cola
cola
Reply to  nikki

, Les didn’t say West Indian (as in Trinidad). He said East Indian. As in India (of Asia). Very different. I suggest you look at a map before you say someone else’s comment wasn’t thoughtful. Wouldn’t her hair be somewhat looser even though she’s still black?

Why-AM-i-here-514DREAD
Why-AM-i-here-514DREAD
Reply to  cola

Yup co sign @cola &les Maraj/Maharaj is a east Indian name, look at her moms for better indication of race. she might be mixed(doogala)but definitely of east Indian descendant. Im from the same Country (Trini)

this article is pointless click bait,
seriously @BGLH, Nikki Minaj said: “No chemicals. No perm.”
BGLH author wrote : “healthy-looking STRAIGHTENED hair.” hmm i think the word your looking for is NATURAL, your disdain is showing…

peace. random person from da interwebs

angela white
angela white
Reply to  nikki

Ms. Minaj’s real name is Onika Maraj (or Marajh, I’m not the Godfather) and she is what we call Dougla here in Trinidad, where she is originally from. Dougla= half Indian, half African. The East Indians who came to Trinidad were not slaves, they were Indentured labourers and as such had rights that slaves would not have had. One of them was the right to keep their names. Maraj is not just some last name that was adopted (which is very much the case with the descendants of African slaves). It is her father’s name and very much indicative of… Read more »

Sharon Cobb
Sharon Cobb
Reply to  angela white

Against all odds, I learned something on the Internet.
Sharon

Sienna
Sienna
Reply to  les

Last names do not necessarily mean anything when dealing with heredity. that could be her last name due to relatives getting married or it could be mixed so far back none of the ethnic traits are even apparent today. perfect example: Cox is an Anglo/Welsh last name and i am mixed with almost everything but that unless you go back more than 12 generations. The fact is she is not showing her face, so that could be anyone in the photo all we see is straightened hair. Why post a pic if its not really her, you all ask. For… Read more »

naquiscorpio
naquiscorpio
Reply to  les

… just a correction from me as 1. A mixed heritage Trinidadian and 2. a history officianao: the slaves did not adopt east indian surnames simply because the time line doesnt match. africans were imported as slaves hundreds of years before east indians. The surnames of black Trinidadians represent the names of the slave owners which would have been more European. And, I do believe that Ms. Minaj is of mixed descent and that can very well be her hair.

Ashanti Brown
Ashanti Brown

FAKE!!!!
Nicki Minaj is so fake and plastic with all that she does. Its funny how you cant even see a face in that picture. There’s no way to tell if that’s even her and I’m betting it isn’t..and doesn’t anyone else find it strange that that is the only picture of her “natural” hair floating around on the internet.

Lex
Lex

Nobody finds it sketchy that every celebrity the reveals their “natural” hair has like bra strap length hair?

blexican
blexican

U r all stupid.….arguing over someone u dont even know!!! like wtf get over it its an opinion no need to argue ’bout it!!!

puffidredz

what do i think of niki’s photo? i think nothing of it because i don’t see her in it.

imani
imani
Reply to  puffidredz

Exactly…passionately defending or denying the authenticity of a photo that doesn’t even show the face of the person in question? Really?

simonie
simonie

yep, it’s her real hair. just google ‘young nikki minaj’ and you can see she has long wavy natural hair. i think the smartest thing a celeb can do is wear a wig to protect their hair from the constant heat and styling daily.

also here’s an old nikki interview w/out wig http://youtu.be/7CEGd3OtOKo

Sienna
Sienna
Reply to  simonie

i had long wavy/curly hair to as a child…that proves nothing in reference to what my length is today

MIMI
MIMI

There is no picture on this page showing Nicki Minaj with her real hair. The blue hair is more than obvious a wig and the unknown male or female (you never know now days) holding someone’s long hair is not evidence at all that it is Nicki’s hair. Since everyone knows that Nicki wears fake everything, why would she not post a picture of her face with the hair. This is the stupidest crap I have ever seen. A photo of an unknown person holding the hair of someone that no one can see and that person who it is… Read more »

Earthie48
Earthie48

Thank you MIMI, Enough said! No Face, no scalp, no full picture, I guess she feels as if we are part of the 47,000,000 Stuck on Stupid Americans, whom voted for Stupid Rich Romney! It’s amazing how they keep testing us!

Zyn
Zyn

Since she could go through the ‘trouble’ of showin a part of the hair, why not show d whole head? :-/ Dumb picture
Dumb Nikki
Dumb post

Lamar
Lamar

Nikki is as fake as her ass injections! She throws out the race card every chance she gets even with Mariah Carey which is hysterical since Mariah is mixed. And I am tired of my brain hurting from having to decipher comments from idiots who cannot spell and act like they only spell like their IQ is below 70 on the Internet. Also last names don’t mean shit about heritage, families used to change them for many reasons so most of these comments of people trying to prove their knowledge on the subject is rediculous.

Reply to  Lamar

First of all, what does Mariah have to do with any of this? Second, when has Nicki ever “thrown out the race card” in regards to Mariah? Also, it’s hilarious how you feel the need to insult people’s intelligence when you misspelled “ridiculous”