Terrea // 4B Natural Hair Style Icon

Avatar • Jul 14, 2012

*Prepared for BGLH by Meosha Tall of 1MeNaturally

Introduce yourself!
T:
Hello all you beauties…I’m Terrea aka Renegade Behavior and I’m from “The D” Detroit! I’ve lived several places in the South but my heart has always remained in my home, which is where my Mom is. I currently reside overseas and pride myself on not being afraid to keep it moving when I feel the need, hence the name Renegade Behavior. I’m an artist and designer who loves to laugh and all things creative.

Why did you make the decision to go natural?
T:
Back in 2007 I had hair that was bra strap length. I typically cut my hair in some sort of style once a year but had been growing my hair out to see how long it would get. That became boring. I was consistently wearing it in a bun and was tired of not being able to swim when it was hot due to the worry of what I would do with my hair. I was also sick of sitting under the dryer in salons for 3 or more hours and paying 80 plus dollars every 2 weeks to get my hair done. At that point I called a barbershop, went and got all my hair cut off and I have never been happier! I have been natural for almost 5 years…my anniversary is August 10th.

How would you describe your texture?
T:
My hair is extremely dense. It’s often thought to be a wig no matter how I have it styled. I often get compliments that are followed by, “Is it yours?” Lol. I would say my hair is mostly 4B with 4A on the sides.

Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.
T:
When it comes to styling my hair I am very simple with my choices mainly due to skill. Twist outs are my go to style and have been since around my first year anniversary. I typically wash my hair every 2 weeks because I wear it twisted for a week then take it out for the second week. Sometimes I leave it up for a second week or puff it for the third week when I’m feeling lazy. *I know, unbelievable right?* Personally I have to be mentally prepared to style my hair because it takes around 4 hours.

I use Shea Moisture products and coconut oil with a shea butter mix to seal my ends. Currently I’m trying the Curly Girl Method and am battling with finger detangling through this jungle. With this, I normally cowash once a week with Tresemme Naturals and twist with a shea butter mix.

Describe your favorite go-to hairstyle for days when you don’t have a lot of time to style?
T:
My fave go to hairstyle when I’m short on time is definitely a puff. It’s quick, easy and can be refreshed daily with little to no effort.

How do you combat shrinkage?
T:
When it comes to shrinkage, after I take my twists out, normally I’ll either put my hair into larger twists or braids for a couple hours or leave it in overnight.

What are 2 do’s for your texture?
T:
Do make sure to detangle or else you’ll be ready to pull your hair out the next time you wash and Do use products that promote moisture because the density easily hides a large portion of hair when styled.

What are 2 don’ts for your texture?
T:
Don’t use lightweight styling tools because you will definitely break them and Don’t play yourself by thinking you can completely style your hair in an hour because you’re only fooling yourself. Lol

Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?
T:
I can be found most actively on Instagram right now: Renegadebehavior. YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RenegadeBehavior/videos

About Meosha

Jo
Jo

Beautiful hair! So lovely.I love big hair. 🙂

Kya
Kya

Yaaayyyy!!!!!! The old layout of putting hairtypes on icons is back. Thanks Leila n Meosha 😀

I hope hair type nazis dont start debating her hair type like they attacked Tamika.

Her hair is divine n she looks gorge. I have the same hairtype so its great to see it represented so beautifully.

Meosha
Meosha
Reply to  Kya

Hey Kya! It was actually never gone though. Not too sure how that rumor got started, but features have different info in them based on the type of feature it is, what’s asked and the provided response. The title goes along with that.

Kya
Kya
Reply to  Meosha

Oh thats so cool. You guys keep it really intresting. Keep up the great job!! I love this website. Have a great day sweetie 🙂

Chanelle
Chanelle

Hair twin (: Ur hair is gorgeous!!!! Lovin ur bc 2!!

Terrea
Terrea
Reply to  Chanelle

Hiiiii ; ) and Thanks!

EG
EG

beautiful hair and very thick…goodness:-)

monica
monica

LOVE HER HAIR!!! LOOKS JUST LIKE MINES!!

Mina
Mina

beautiful hair on a beautiful lady 🙂

Tonia
Tonia

Her hair looks and acts similar mine. Will definitely check out her YT videos. She has gorgeous hair.

Alisha

Oh my! I’m in love with her hair!

angelina
angelina

Her and her hair are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Sophie
Sophie

My hair is similar, although not quite as thick and not that long (yet)! This is great inspiration 🙂

Pat
Pat

Whoa! That’s a lotta hair. Gorgeous

Annie L.
Annie L.

Your videos are adorable! And what gorgeous billowy hair! I like the styles in the yellow tee and white blouse the best. “I have to be mentally prepared to style my hair” I have the same density. It looks wonderful but I.…I understand, Lol! Years ago I remember crying in front of the bathroom mirror all hot and itchy and sweaty and late trying to blow out my mane with a heavy, bazooka-sized dryer (getting Rikers-arm in the process!). My hair was very long then I was NUTS to try that mess! I love WNGs and puffs, but I’d be lying… Read more »

Terrea
Terrea
Reply to  Annie L.

Aww.… Thanks a bunch! And I’m glad someone relates to my love/pain Lol.

The Curly Oenophile

Hello, you and your hair are gorgeous. Keep up the good work!

A.C
A.C

Love your hair it looks very healthy. Your texture looks similar to mine especially in the pic where you hair looks wet. I love you twist outs too, what products do you use to get your twist out so defined?

Terrea
Terrea
Reply to  A.C

Thank you ; ) I’ve found that the best way to get your twist outs to be really defined is to leave them in for at least 3 days. That always helps mine to stay defined for about a week.

Fe
Fe

Hey T!!!!!! I miss you.…I thought you would’ve healed up and came back to the “A” so we could roll some more. Please let Keem or me or someone know if your coming to skate-a-thon so I can be there.…I would love to see you again. Your hair is gorgeous!!!!! If your back on the wood in the “D” don’t hurt em ma 🙂

Terrea
Terrea
Reply to  Fe

Heeeey Fe!!!! I miss you too friend!! I haven’t rolled in a loooong time but miss rocking on the floor with you! I certainly will let him know if I make it thorough. Thanks for the compliment ; ) I know you’re still reppin on the wood. I hope all is well.

Dawn
Dawn

She’s got great hair.

OAN–I enjoy this site, but as far as Style Icons,it’d be fantastic to see more naturals featured with average to thin density, in addition to women whose hair grow like “mullets” because of different textures (can you guess how my hair grows?? LOL) The “Stephanie In London” and “Nia B” posts were right on the money!

Keep up the good work, ya’ll! 😉

tinabobina
tinabobina
Reply to  Dawn

I agree on the thin density hair. I love the thick haired ladies, but I used to be disappointed when my hair didn’t look the same way in twists or a twist out, etc…

Monae

Monae

I wish I had as much hair as you. I thing that you ladies that are blessed with thicker hair have so many more styling options. I have fine curly hair. Beautiful pics!

Terrea
Terrea

Wow!!! Thank you Everyone for the positive feedback and compliments ; ) It’s wonderful to see how many of you can relate and all the hair twins out there!

Tangie
Tangie
Reply to  Terrea

I <3 <3 <3 your hair!!!!! Beautiful!!!
By chance, are you in AD? You pic looks familiar. If so how do manage to fight the heat & humidity?
Again, I luv your hair lol!!

keisha
keisha

i.am.SPEECHLESS!!! GORGEOUS hair and love the fact the fact that you just get up and go when the urge hits ya! freedom is priceless!

merry
merry

omg. her hair is giving me life.

Ogo
Ogo
Reply to  merry

Cosign!

ANASTASIA
ANASTASIA

I absolutely love your hair! Thick, healthy, natural & beautiful!

kisha
kisha

i love everyone of ur pics!!! beautiful hair and beautiful woman.

Michelle
Michelle

Your hair is amazing I can’t wait till mine gets longer.

Landry
Landry

Oh my goodness- I LOVE her hair, it so LUSH! lol Her texture is similar to mine, which makes her hair so inspirational to see! GO GIRL!

Vonnie
Vonnie

Love your hair, Terrea, you’re my hair type twin — although, I used Shea Moisture products and they didn’t do diddly squat for my hair. Oh well, love the post…

beenawink
beenawink

What beautiful hair! And the scarf ‘do is fabulous as well.

yella211
yella211

I have a combo of 4C/ 4B hair and it is very thick. at this point in time i live in West Africa where the weather i very dry and it’s very dusty originally i am from the western part of the world. When i first cut my hair back in 2009 it started to grow very fast but now it seems to be growing at a very slow speed. i’m not one to do my own hair i have always been going to a hair dresser but i don’t trust them over this side of the world. right now… Read more »

Chevy
Chevy

I love your hair. I was directed to your page through my email and I just wanted to leave you with this scripture about your eyebrows Deut 14:1 Ye are the children of the LORD your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead

12tribes.net/scrolls

Tamika Jones
Tamika Jones

Hi I have to first say I love your hair. I am also wondering did you attend Ann Arbor Trail Middle School? I never forget a face.

Tamika Jones
Tamika Jones

I remember your face, from either Ann Arbor Trail, I don’t think you went to cody. You have a long time friend Tiffany Tomasi. Sorry if I misspelled her last name. It’s a small world.

Vern
Vern

Terrea!!! Love your hair friend! You know you are my motivation!

yvonne

Love your pics…your hair is fly!!!!