Alicia Keys Chops Her Curls!

Avatar • Jul 20, 2012

Loving this adorable new look on Alicia Keys! The songstress did an asymmetrical crop, cutting her left side short while leaving bob-length hair and bangs on her right side. Ladies, what do you think of the look?!

Brand-d
Brand-d

Nice multi-function new look!

Beya
Beya

I love it!!! She looks fresh and young! The way she SHOULD look! and i’m totally digging the outfit! Cute shorts! I’m glad she didn’t shave one side.… I believe that cut is a little tired.

Lanie
Lanie

Not saying this because this a natural hair site, I honestly like it better curly. It gives her a young a fresh look. I wish less people were scared of short hair, it looks beautiful on some.

KaraJ
KaraJ
Reply to  Lanie

+1 totaly agree gives her a youthful look

hearyoume
hearyoume

meh, she could be bald and she’d look fine. the straight look is extremely boring but the curly do is nice.

Sue
Sue

The straight look makes her look older, more sophisticated and the curly do, younger. Overall, nice cut and great outfit!

Chi
Chi

Alicia big chopped!! She better work-that cut looks fabulous on her!

luvmylocs
luvmylocs

i love the cut. it looks good on her. agree with the others that it makes her look more youthful.

Alisha

I love it. It’s versatile, too.

Tia
Tia

I’m not sure how I feel about it, it’s not ugly but it doesn’t wow me either.
To me her best look was the braids from when she first came out.

caribbeancurl
caribbeancurl
Reply to  Tia

Totally agree…when I think of Alicia I think only of the swanky corn rows that she was bold enough to grace every stage with. She made me feel better about being natural wayyyyy before there were Natural Hair Blogs and Boards etc. That is NOT to say that her new do does not look good, it certainly does..but to me Alicia is all natural smashing long braidsall the way. I wonder if she’ll go back there????????

Tia
Tia
Reply to  caribbeancurl

A+. In middle school I was the only girl without a relaxer and I also had my hair braided weekly. I got teased a lot b/c of that, but when A. Keys came out, my younger self felt like she could rock her own braids proudly. Maybe that’s why I’ll always be attached to that look.lol

NewNaturalista

I like it! I was just looking at her on the cover of Fast Company and thought for some reason all that hair weighed her down — it hid her youthfulness and beauty. This cut is perfect!

binks
binks

She looks great

T.
T.

LOVE. IT.

Annie L.
Annie L.

Krush Groove anyone?

She is channeling Sheila E., Bunny DeBarge, Molly Ringwald, Madonna and on and on. The lovely gold tips, dramatic side swoop, fierce aviators and oversize-earrings, I think she does the best homage/recreation to that era I’ve ever seen!

Phenomenal!!!

Amber
Amber

I find it interesting that when I first saw these pics on another site, so many women in the comment section were hating on the curly look. It really confused me because, even though I like it both ways on her, the short curly hair makes her look so fun and fresh…not to mention so much younger. It’s crazy to me that people can hate on the look that naturally grows out of her head. I know I shouldn’t be surprised but I guess I made the assumption that more people liked her beautiful curls. But, I guess to many… Read more »

Curly Queen

She looks fierce! I prefer the curly look but the straight look adds a sophisticated twist.