Real Style: The Loving Your Hair Workshops in Paris and London

Avatar • May 9, 2012

Dozens of naturals came out for the Loving Your Hair workshops held in Paris and London and hosted by stylist Felicia Leatherwood and blogger Cassidy Blackwell of The Natural Selection. Check it out!

Sieta

I love these pics, just goes to show how diverse natural hair and black women are!

Wanett

Everyone looks so beautiful!! These kinds of posts make me want to go to a natural hair event.

LBell
LBell

What I find fascinating about these pictures (and really any natural hair event pictures, just so you know I’m not picking on the Europeans) is this: 10 or 15 years ago almost all of them would have been wearing straightened hair. Imagine these same people, in these exact same pictures, with straightened hair. They wouldn’t have been anywhere near as interesting or unique as they are here. It’s really great to witness and be part of this paradigm shift. 🙂

astella
astella
Reply to  LBell

Erm what rubbish?? When I was on my relaxed hair journey I was unique and interesting. Becoming natural did not do that. You can be natural and look a hot mess (just look at the Type F saga). There were a good number of attendees with straight hair that looked lovely. So what because they are not natural, they are irrelevant?

In the UK we are either African/West Indian or Mixed race. Get your facts right. Just so you know I am not picking on you. I am just saying 🙂 SMH.

Nik
Nik

They are all beautiful, but the one in the red dress and blue headwrap is stunning.

merry
merry
Reply to  Nik

there’s a youtube video posted with her and felicia talking at the event.

she’s very beautiful and said lovely things.

don’t know if the link will work, but here it is…

Queen
Reply to  Nik

Yo! I came by to write the same thing! Beautiful pic!!!! That dress and headwrap is banging!! Seriously, where can I get a dress like that

J
J

she’s a french actress and is natural Called Aissa Maiga

Annie L.
Annie L.

You just feel like yelling, ‘Who run the world?’

Alexia

How excellent! I remember a couple years ago, I spent two months in France and most black women there were wearing really harsh perms and unnatural looking weaves. I felt like the only natural in Paris — I’m sure I wasn’t, but I didn’t meet anyone else with natural hair. These women are beautiful, I hope this is a signal of changing beauty norms like we have going on here.

Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Leila’s hair! *pens love-letter*

LiberianGirl
LiberianGirl
Reply to  Jo Somebody

Lol that’s what i was thinking!!!

LiberianGirl
LiberianGirl

This is SOOO COOL!! I love how diverse natural hair is! You can’t put it in a box (no pun intended lol)

Beth
Beth

The woman in the red dress and blue head wrap is drop dead gorgeous. Seriously.

luvmylocs
luvmylocs

my beautiful sisters across the pond! i love the variety in the photos and most importantly everyone looks so happy.