Solange Knowles Rocks Fro for V Magazine Shoot

Avatar • Jan 11, 2012

Our favorite girl (and new aunt!), Solange, is at it again rocking an adorable fro for a V Magazine shoot. The shoot comes on the heels of her announcement that she has signed with Next Model Management. Get it girl! Ladies, are you feeling it?

Mandi
Mandi

This woman is so effortlessy fabulous…s tru style star <3

sosoulful_0125
sosoulful_0125
Reply to  Mandi

Versatile

Regaining my love for Solange all over again

April

I think she looks so chic and fabulous! This is a great look for her.

Ogo
Ogo

Not my fav pic of Auntie Solo but glad she’s still reppin’ the natural texture. 🙂

Jessica
Jessica

I love this picture. I have gained so much newfound respect for Solange. She is an amazing woman.

Cathie
Cathie

I seriously love and adore this woman 🙂

mangomadness
mangomadness

I love it! She looks so happy and pretty!

rw
rw

sooooo glad she’s kicked trying to wear the same styles as her sis. this look shows her off in her own right!

Zyaran
Zyaran

While this is a cute wig and all, it would be nice to see her actual natural hair being worn more. Every time you see her and whether it’s on the tv or magazine it’s praise over a wig. Don’t get me wrong it’s nice to “PS” if that’s your thing but I would like to see her own hair.

Beth
Beth
Reply to  Zyaran

I thought it was hers. She looks great! Love her thick eyebrows.

Camille
Camille
Reply to  Zyaran

I think she looks pretty but I’d like to see her rock more of her own hair in photo shoots. I am not a “do you”/hairstyle agnostic person, I want to see more more more natural hair out there.

Claire
Reply to  Zyaran

Do you know for a fact that she’s wearing a wig? Honestly. It’s been over 2 years since Solange first had her big chop. I’ve cut my hair multiple times. If my hair didn’t grow to that length or longer in two years, I’d be worried.

Porsha G.
Porsha G.
Reply to  Claire

Im with you Claire…How do they know for sure thats a wig.?..Are you her personal hair stylist.?…Her hair cud have grown like that n 2yrs…Ppl always want 2 believe a black woman is wearing a wig?weave. Break that thought cycle
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/010901_145000.jpg[/img]

Zyaran
Zyaran
Reply to  Porsha G.

This is her real hair that I saw that was posted to this site that I found, and her hair looks great. See it would be nice to see this hair being worn as well :).

[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Solange-Knowles-0113121.jpg[/img]

sunshyne84
sunshyne84

She has a nice smile.

queofques
queofques

If she is “ps” which I don’t feel as if she is. She still made a choice 2 do a natural “look”. What’s wrong??? Luv this even the Magazine could of made her do a “ps” in straight look. WOW SHE LOOKS GREAT… and she have been natural for a few yrs. Anybody can get that length n look, if u know what ur doing. 🙂

s roberts
s roberts

Not cute. At all. She looks like 1970.

BeautyIAM
BeautyIAM
Reply to  s roberts

Was that meant to be an insult? Because the 1970s eras for natural hair was dope as hell 🙂

Bridget
Bridget

I absolutely love the look! She looks amazing.

merry
merry

i have to say that i prefer solange to beyonce, not that it’s a competition.

she has actual style and a point of view (that i can appreciate).

hope she brings some new music soon too.

geri
geri

I’m loving the photo, and what I really love is that she’s finding her niche. Maybe it’s because I’m a younger sister that I ‘get’ Solange and have enjoyed watching her mature and find her own sound and look apart from big sis Beyonce. I have to cosign with @merry…new music, please!!

T
T

This is obviously a wig. I have no doubt that her natural hair could be just as beautiful, but she often uses hair pieces and wigs for fullness. Easy to tell.

CurlyInTheA

Meh. I don’t like this particular look. Don’t think it does much for her. I usually love, love, love Solange’s wigs, but I’m not a fan of this photo. I think it’s a combo of the wig and the jacket — it just looks off, but Solange, do you! Definitely glad to hear of her new modeling contract.

Lisa
Lisa

I love the look and really love her smile.

Given how many natural women are running around with straight wigs and weaves as a protective style, you would think people will cut her some slack if she wears afro wigs and weaves for whatever reason. Some of these criticisms are ridiculous.

MommieDearest
MommieDearest
Reply to  Lisa

Totally agree. At least she is wearing a wig that looks like the hair that grows out of her scalp. I prefer this over blonde yaki.

Claire

Regarding the comments, I’m really sick of people saying that Solange is wearing a wig every time they see her.

Some of the same folks who make these sort of comments claim that they want natural hair to be taken seriously. Yet they refuse to give another person credit because they’re a celebrity.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve seen Solange wear obvious pieces before. That said, considering the timing of her big chop, her hair’s length and density look perfectly normal to me.

Ronnie
Ronnie

It’s not easy to wear your hair natural when Beyonce is your sister. Good for her. By the way, even if it’s a wig (which I don’t think it is), at least it’s a wig that mimics natural Afro-textured hair.

simply positive
simply positive

Everyone is a critic! I am so sick of black women critcizing other black women for the spec in thier eye! Why can’t we just celebrate and appreicate one another! We have enough of the other races bitting at our heels and then to get the same treatment from our own people just adds injury to insult. This is and has always been our prolem and until small minded people stop having all these negative opinions about our people, we will continue to be a race divided. With that said, Solange is doing what she wants to do with her… Read more »

Pat
Pat

Amen to all that you said, so true!!