Lauryn Hill’s Daughter Sarah Rocks Box Braids

Avatar • Sep 7, 2011

It seems the Hill girls are learning about protective styling early. Lauryn’s daughter Sarah joined her mother onstage at a Rock the Bells festival in New York rocking adorable box braids. More photos below.

Just as I am
Just as I am

What a pretty little girl!

June
June

Almost every black child ‘learns’ about protective styling early. Ha!

I am so jealous of Lauren’s skin. Does she ever age? She looks just the same as she did 12 years ago.

I do have to say some of those kids don’t look thrilled to be on stage.

lilkunta
lilkunta
Reply to  June

june: LAURYN (pls spell it right) doesnt age bc she stays in the house 24/7 making new baies. 1 things that has changedL her lips are blacker and blacker from all that marijuana she is smoking.

Marisa
Marisa
Reply to  lilkunta

June, unless her lips were burnt dark mahogany/brown, then she is wearing lipstick. I doubt she stays in the house other wise she would not be on stage, traveling this way and that. Also, didn’t she just have a baby, and then a week or so later on stage performing? With no apologies, I am proud, to say that Ms. Hill is still one of the most lyrically potent singer/MC’s ever!!!

June
June
Reply to  Marisa

I don’t think you meant to address that to me. I didn’t say anything about her lips!

lilkunta(to JUNE)
lilkunta(to JUNE)
Reply to  June

June: You are right. When I wrote it the other day some1 had commented about her lips. BUt now I dont see the comment.

lilkunta(to june)
lilkunta(to june)

June: My comment to you was about LAURYN’s name. She has been out since
93( Rita in Sis ACt 2 Back 2 The Habit)
&
94(w the fugees)
nd STILL ppl spell her name wrongly as “lauren” instead of “Lauryn”.

Kate
Kate

That’s because she’s just a ‘flash in the pan’ for many of us. Most people have a life and don’t obsess over the spelling of celebrity names.

lilkunta(to kate)
lilkunta(to kate)
Reply to  Kate

kate: ahh so mispelling the name in an article that you clicked on with the name spelled correctly at the top and all throughout is because “people have a life”.

yea whatever.

kate
kate

Well you’re the one getting all offended over the spelling of her name.

lilkunta(to kate)
lilkunta(to kate)
Reply to  kate

kate: nope Im not offended. Spelling is important.

June
June
Reply to  lilkunta

Oops! Sorry about the wrong spelling.

Marisa
Marisa
Reply to  June

Sorry…that’s what happens when you type too late at night! Oops(slinking away quietly)

Marisa
Marisa
Reply to  lilkunta

I am now posting this comment to the intended poster: unless her lips were burnt dark mahogany/brown, then she is wearing lipstick. I doubt she stays in the house other wise she would not be on stage, traveling this way and that. Also, didn’t she just have a baby, and then a week or so later on stage performing? With no apologies, I am proud, to say that Ms. Hill is still one of the most lyrically potent singer/MC’s ever!!!

lilkunta(to MARISA)
lilkunta(to MARISA)
Reply to  Marisa

Marisa: A GREAT way to avoid confusion/be clear is to state TO WHOM you are replying. Why are you so sure she is wearing lipstick? We have seen mnay many candid pics of LH and her lips are black! It is from all that marijuana she is smoking. Lauryn does stay in the house and out of the sun. Every now and then she tours, but not often, maybe 2x a year. So again she doesnt age bc she stays in the house 24/7 making new babies. Keeping away from the sun will keep one wrinkle free. ..is it true she… Read more »

Kate
Kate

How do you know what she does in her private life?

lilkunta(to kate)
lilkunta(to kate)
Reply to  Kate

kate: bc I’m her right labia lip.

What...
What...

How does her right labia lip browse the internet though…

Khy
Khy

What’s up with Lauren’s hair??

Angie
Angie
Reply to  Khy

The old lady snatch back.…yeah..no!

Carla
Carla
Reply to  Angie

I was just thinking that, LMAO! She looked like my aunt 25 years ago…

lilkunta(to angie)
lilkunta(to angie)
Reply to  Angie

angie: which pick do you see ‘old lady snatch back”?
i a blowout that has been in rollers..this is a wig right?

E
E

Those shoes! loves it

lilkunta(to E)
lilkunta(to E)
Reply to  E

E: i only see the toop of LH’s shoes in the 4th pic.
Is thre someplace else where you say pics of her shoes? Thx.

June
June

I just threw my candy in the garbage.

lilkunta(to June
lilkunta(to June
Reply to  June

june : what made u throw away good candy?

BlackOnyx03
BlackOnyx03

I love me some Lauryn Hill (as in I’ll own my Fugees and Miseducation CDs until I die), but she really doesn’t look good in these pics (or in the blowout pics from a few weeks ago). She was a beautiful woman, but she seems to have lost a bit of the “sparkle”/“glow” she used to have. I don’t think it’s just a matter of changing her hair or putting on new make-up. I think it’s something deeper that’s out of whack, but I hope she gets it together soon!