Atlanta Events Promoter Offering Natural Hair Discount to Clubs and Parties: Hot or Hmm??

Avatar • Sep 9, 2011

Photo Source: BGLH Forum

So this is interesting… Atlant events promoter, social media manager and FAMU graduate ‘Joey Digital’ is offering discounts for women with natural hair. Check out this excerpt from his website:

Over the years, I’ve professed my utter disdain for weave, and love for natural hair (see: Anti-Weave List). And now I’m putting my money where my mouth is: giving $10 off tickets to my Atlanta Classic Post-Game Affair (Sat 9/24), and $5-$10 discounts to my FAMU Homecoming event introducing NUVO Lemon Sorbet (Fri 10/7) and The Art of Celebration (Sat 10/8). Heck, I just might give them invitations to the private Crown Royal Black “Crown Life Lounge” on the Thursday of FAMU’s Homecoming.

All women with natural hair simply have to do is use the code “natural” when purchasing tickets using the links below:
Atlanta Classic: Society of the Crown at 200 Peachtree (Your ticket will be just $10)
FAMU Homecoming: A Special Evening Introducing NUVO Lemon Sorbet at Mary Brogan (Your ticket will be just $10)
FAMU Homecoming: The Art of Celebration at the IMAX (Your ticket will be just $10)

I’m not sure how I feel about this. I would hate if natural vs weave became yet another division within the black community. Ladies, what is your take?

AishaSaidIt

I can’t talk because I really really hate lace fronts. If I could pay everyone a penny to not wear one I feel the world would be a better place. LOL … All in all if it’s your party you can discount if you want to. If it was wrong men could sue for ladies night discounts.

LBell
LBell
Reply to  AishaSaidIt

Good point.

I’m confused, though: If tickets are being purchased online, what’s to stop a “non-natural” from using the code?

CandyceNoelle
CandyceNoelle
Reply to  LBell

I thought that too…lol maybe they’ll have a specially marked ticket and have to show and prove at the door? lol

eSPy
eSPy
Reply to  LBell

I was thinking the SAME thing! They cant really check at the door either b/c what if your natural friend bought ALL the tickets? OR the girl wearing weave is NATURAL underneath?

You never know…

Either way I dont care. At least he aint charging EXTRA for weave. They just dont get the discount…haha

df
df

ugh oh.…this could get ugly

Reply to  df

I hear ya and feel ya.

CandyceNoelle
CandyceNoelle

That is hilariously awesome! I think it has the potential to bring out some lovely ladies with beautiful natural hair styles and inspire other women; show them that they can “do something” with nature hair textures. Plus the fellas can see the natural beauties and change their mindset on it if they had negative thoughts. To the ladies in attendance…make us proud ladies…make us proud! lol. I’m rockin a weave but hey…it’s all natural underneath and swexy with or without!

Angela
Angela

While I personally applaud anything that supports natural hair over weaves, I’m worried about the backlash from something like this. After all, it seems the promoter is creating a “natural hair” category that means “anything that is not a weave”. So relaxers, texturizers as well as actual natural kinky/curly hair would qualify for the discount. That’s all fine and good, but it waters down the true meaning of the word “natural”. I agree he can do whatever he wants with his money and his venues, but I’m not sure if it’s really a service to mislead the public by diluting… Read more »

CC
CC
Reply to  Angela

I think he knows the difference though. I went on his anti-weave list and it sited natural hair blogs and websites (like this one) so looks like dude knows his stuff.

Charlotte
Charlotte

i think this is lame as hell, its gross. my hair is natural and i think this is horrible and no matter what people say i think it WILL create another division within the black community. men tend to enjoy ranking certain looks above others and being part of this is buying into that bullshit, it really makes me sick.

HandsInHair
HandsInHair
Reply to  Charlotte

I’m with you: it’s another way to divide black women. On Facebook, I see a lot of people stating “he can do what he wants.” How is that relevant? And that’s not the question that was asked which is whether this is good or is it divisive. He said himself that really anyone can use the promo code. So if anyone can use this, then how is this supporting natural hair? For me, I don’t feel the need to put other women down for not making the choice to wear their hair the way it grows out of her head.…as… Read more »

sunshyne84
sunshyne84
Reply to  HandsInHair

exactly

it shoulda been a free drink

Rasheida Downing

Today i’am rocking a afro my own natural hair. but i do like switching up my hairstyles staying the same gets boring after a while. and if i want to wear weave,wigs,braids or whatever that does not make the other person no better than anyone else. so what if there wearing there natural hair it no big deal and so what if women want to wear a weave and wigs. i like to have fun with my hair and if i want to wear natural or weave up that should not matter. ppl make a big deal about everything. it… Read more »

kai
kai

I think it’s great. I mean besides going natural oneself(and he’s a man so it’s not quite the same set of circustances as a woman) what else can you do to promote it besides using what’s in your power to influence people? Girls who conform to the Eurocentric beauty standards often get treated better why not flip the table especially since nothing bad is happening to weave-wearers it’s just something good for natural hair people. This way the events he’s promoting — women won’t feel like they have to “do something (often code for “straighten”)” with their hair to go… Read more »

HandsInHair
HandsInHair

What is it called when someone tries to force someone else to go through something just because they were also forced to? That’s what some women with naturals remind me of when they say, “Well it’s about time women with weave and/or relaxers got some negativity.” I think that’s so elementary school. How do you make the decision that because you went through something someone else should too? The road to hell is paved with good intentions; basically, it appears that he’s doing something positive for black women, but the consequence is that it keeps women divided and does nothing… Read more »

cocobakerchica
cocobakerchica
Reply to  HandsInHair

I’m with you! It seems silly to promote a discount especially created for one segment of the population, then admit that ‘anyone can use it’ because there’s really no way of keeping track of how many naturals are using the promo code. It is childish…something I would see in junior high cliques who go out of their way to alienate anyone they declare unworthy. I’m a happy natural, and also a believer in personal choice. I have no reason why a woman wears weave, a wig or whatever on their head, and it’s not up to me to get up… Read more »

Kesha
Kesha

Dear Joey Digital,

I am not natural because YOU like it, I am natural because I LOVE IT! You are free to enjoy all the looks you can handle, free of charge…

My BAA

Joey Digital
Reply to  Kesha

: you do realize i love it BECAUSE you love it, right?

bee
bee
Reply to  Joey Digital

i like that response! 🙂 and i like you!

AishaSaidIt
Reply to  bee

Wait, are we flirting today? LOL I bet Kesha didn’t think he would respond. AHA *damn internet*

lovemyhair
lovemyhair
Reply to  AishaSaidIt

This is Hilarious!!!! One I think this is an awesome promo, and to all the chicks saying this will divide black women.…umm it seems anything can cause division within the Black community these days. Damn grow a backbone already. My hair is not a movement, it’s just my hair. I choose to wear it instead of a weave because it grows out of my scalp. This man is celebrating that fact. For sooo long, Black women have been rocking these expensive “Prosthetics”. For whatever reason you might wanna come up with at the time: “Oh I wanna change up my… Read more »

trackback

[…] BlackGirlwithLongHair.com […]

JP23
JP23

WOW.…yeah I think women will be offended and the “nappy chicks” insults will ensue. While I am natural and do not like to wear weaves, I do when I want to give my hair a break. I get what he is trying to do but yeah it can turn into another battle about how people chose to wear their hair. I dont care how women choose to wear their hair as long as that is what they want to do. My concern comes into play when I see/hear women say ” I want to go natural but I don’t want… Read more »

Reply to  JP23

my inner feminist just threw up” LOL!!!

JP23
JP23
Reply to  anastasia

hahahha she did!

Courtney

I’m a natural and I like to party on occassion so…I consider this a win win!!!

#CharlieSheenWINNING

EG
EG
Reply to  Courtney

I’m with you, this is a win-win. Considering how people try to say that natural hair is not ‘grown and sexy’, this is our chance to prove that that is bullsh*t!

Lanisha
Lanisha

Everybody gets a discount at one time or another. One night it’s all Virgos. Next night it’s all students who go to a certain school. Next night it’s people whose birthday is that day. Another night it’s ladies in free. Everybody gets a turn. I don’t think it’s offensive.

Bahamamama
Bahamamama
Reply to  Lanisha

+10

Eboni
Eboni
Reply to  Lanisha

+100

df
df
Reply to  Lanisha

Yeah I don’t think it’s offensive at all and especially in Atlanta where there the natural scene is very strong, it’s not surprising. It’s actually kind of awesome. I think it would be problematic if it was something that happened all the time, then I think most relaxed ladies would get annoyed. I understand how people analyze it to be offensive but to me it’s plain awesome that someone is doing this. This would NEVER have been a reality 5 years ago in a city like Atlanta. In general I agree that natural hair is not just hair but I… Read more »

Anonymous
Anonymous

Wow… Sensitive much? I am starting to feel like as naturals we are looking to be offended by as many things in as many ways as possible. We are not satisfied when our brothers are not reaching out to embrace us. We are not satisfied when they are making an effort to embrace our standard of beauty. Are we being overly sensitive? It’s easy to find an issue with anything if all we look for are the issues. How about searching for the positive aspects of the brother’s attempt. Seems like he think natural hair rocks. I think that’s great.… Read more »

Ashley
Ashley
Reply to  Anonymous

I love this comment. Totally agree!

Bahamamama
Bahamamama
Reply to  Anonymous

+100,000,000

Fro
Fro
Reply to  Anonymous

Natural V.S fake hair is ALREADY a division amongst the black community. If that wasn’t the case, then their wouldn’t be a plethora of natural women on Youtube and hair forums crying a river about their family and peers thinking their hair is a hot mess, and to slap a perm on it.

Fro
Fro
Reply to  Fro

My bad, I didn’t mean to reply to this comment, but I agree with you 100%. Honestly, people complain about “Natural Militants”, but quite frankly I’m tired of all these oversensitive naturals who cry a river over things that should be positive and a step in the right direction.

bee
bee
Reply to  Anonymous

PREACH! 🙂

HandsInHair
HandsInHair
Reply to  Anonymous

I think you are lumping all naturals into on box. SOME natural women find certain things offensive and in another topic see nothing wrong while others take offense to it. No group of women come to a consensus about how to feel about a particular topic & then go from there. BLGH asked a question and people are answering. For some reason, some of those who support him are making personal attacks on people who don’t like his promotion, yet the opposite is not occurring. Your opinion is respected, but I think there’s a difference between not agreeing with others… Read more »

HandsInHair
HandsInHair
Reply to  HandsInHair

*one box, not on box

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  HandsInHair

See that’s just it though. I’m not calling the people who disagree sensitive. My point is that while dome points deserve to a healthy discussion and even to be debated, we do ourselves more harm than good when we try to find a way to take issue with every topic thy had the world natural in it. Some stuff is just not that deep. Someone said it an earlier post, had he replaced the words “natural hair” with the words “mini skirts” it wouldn’t even be a discussion.

HandsInHair
HandsInHair
Reply to  Anonymous

After taking time to step away from all this I do feel like my initial reaction was a little over the top. I still don’t agree with his method of promoting natural hair (by looking down on weave), but I’m starting to see that maybe this particular incident was blown out of proportion compared to other events in the natural hair community/black community that deserve more attention.

Reply to  HandsInHair

Ry
Ry

I actually really like this idea.….

Oh Bother
Oh Bother

It’s not that serious to me. People wouldn’t get offended if they got a coupon code for wearing mini skirts so why be offended over a discount over hair? If the club is hawt people will go regardless. I can’t see a mob of people coming with protest signs rocking peace t shirts over this one. But I can see people using this as an argument as to why naturals are the evil of the earth. lmbo. Because we all try to force our naturalness on others and we aren’t living holistic lives but we talk about the harshness of relaxers… Read more »

GirlPuh-leeze!
GirlPuh-leeze!
Reply to  Oh Bother

You said it! Hi 5!

Bahamamama
Bahamamama

Is this just a party or a meeting with members of congress? There are always “rules/discounts” at sponsored events; white parties, ladies night,etc. We should carry ourselves with dignity but know when not to take ourselves TOO seriously. Much love to ‘Joey Digital’ showing love to beautiful natural women.

Eboni
Eboni

at first I was kind of “hmmm…” about it, but after reading the comments here, I think it’s great and about time that “we naturals”(for lack of better terms) get acknowleged!!

Great idea. weaves, and relaxers are glorified just about everyday all day through the media and etc. This is an extrememly nice gesture Joey Digital (I like his name! hehe!)

Eboni
Eboni
Reply to  Eboni

Additionally, I think it’s only human nature to immediately feel offended by something like this which is probably why so many people were/are against this topic at first.

It’s good to remain open minded.

binks
binks

It is not that serious to me, however to play devil’s advocate if another club is giving a discount for women who have the flies weaves I hope people won’t be crying foul because fair is fair or this guy won‘t be mad because he drove away potential customers.

Reply to  binks

I think it’s great to play devil’s advocate 🙂

Elle

Wait, how would he even regulate this if he is using a code? I don’t like this at all…it would be different if it were some kind of natural hair organization or club (like events sponsored by a sports team and you get a discount if you play a sport), but just some dude? Absolutely not. And why are men always butting in about our hair?

Elle
Reply to  Elle

Also, let me add that I’m not offended — this is just funky to me. Hair is not the same thing as getting a discount for wearing white or a certain kind of skirt — you can easily choose to wear the skirt. So what, chicks are gonna BC to get a discount? Sounds like an excuse to stir up some trouble — as seen in these comments.

Mystylle
Mystylle
Reply to  Elle

Wait, why can’t black men say anything about our hair? Their hair ranges in the type 3–4’s like ours is, and is just as vilified.

Elle
Reply to  Mystylle

Not referring to natural hair in general, I’m referring to hair (all kinds — natural, relaxed, wig, weave, etc) on women specifically. I don’t appreciate men’s unsolicited opinions about how they feel we are supposed to look.

Elle
Reply to  Elle

And that’s all men, not just black men.

Reply to  Elle

+100

Joey Digital
Reply to  Elle

: actually, the discount WAS for a natural hair group on Facebook for women from FAMU. Just didn’t explain that part in my original article b/c I didn’t think it would get much traction.

Elle
Reply to  Joey Digital

@Joey Wait it was *from* them or *for* them? I’m saying it wouldn’t be funky if the event was sponsored by a natural hair group/club so they were giving other natural haired women a discount. Just trying to clarify.

Joey Digital
Reply to  Elle

@Elle D.: the discount code was given to the Natural Hair group on Facebook about 10 days ago as a way to track which members purchased a ticket. Once the final number comes in, I’ll know how much money to donate to their organization. I created 8 other codes with the same $10 discount and they’ve been given to over 2,000 people. Literally, anyone (female/male, weave/nonweave, old/young, etc) can access my personal code “joeyd” on my site. I just did a poor job of explaining that b/c I didn’t think anything would come from it (nothing has in the past). Essentially,… Read more »

Elle
Reply to  Joey Digital

Thanks @Joey! I really appreciate the clarification; I still wish you hadn’t jabbed weaves (no I don’t have a weave) and just focused on loving natural hair, but obviously you are entitled to express your opinions how you see fit. It’s really not a big deal, it’s just something to discuss. Have fun at your party!

aiych
aiych

Non-issue. It’s not like he’s giving discounts for dressing like a $2 ho.

JP23
JP23
Reply to  aiych

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ $2 ho!!!!!!

dasia

hmm I don’t like it. I understand the reasoning behind the idea, I just think it’s the wrong way to go about it. As someone who is transitioning and not fully natural yet, I personally would be offended if someone got a discount simply because they are natural and I am not.

Amma Mama
Amma Mama

I don’t think this is fair. What if they said light skin girls were discounted or did a brown paper bag test in order for people to obtain a discount. I dont think its right at all.

ElectricFeel
ElectricFeel
Reply to  Amma Mama

Exactly. Shoot I’m sure people’s opinion would change then. It’s only “cool” if it benefits someone in the particular category.

BlackOnyx03
BlackOnyx03
Reply to  Amma Mama

That’s apples and oranges! Rewarding people on the basis of an immutable characteristic (like complexion — Michael Jackson and Sammy Sosa, aside) is divisive and inherently wrong. But everyone has “natural hair.” Unlike the paper bag test, there are no winners and losers in the natural hair test. There are simply those who choose to wear their hair the way it grows out the scalp, and those who make a different choice. In my opinion, the natural hair discount is more akin to discounts for wearing a certain color or for arriving by a certain time. Every woman has a… Read more »

Amma Mama
Amma Mama
Reply to  BlackOnyx03

I don’t think its apple and oranges. But to each his own, everyone is entitled to their own opinion! 🙂

Reply to  Amma Mama

People would throw a s–t fit!

JP23
JP23

With all of these types of topics there will be people who are for it and those against it. I think once we realize this, we’ll be able to move on. I have accepted that anything geared towards naturals will ALWAYS be met with some kind of ‘tude…kinda sad but it is what it is. I guess if you don’t like this, dont go to the party?????

Mystylle
Mystylle

I have to give props to this guy. I for one am glad when black men praise black women with natural hair.

June
June

Immediately I read club promoter, I could not care less about the topic. But, reading these comments have been disappointing. I wish we respected each other more and fully, truly understood we are all individuals. There is no need to constantly play the role of ‘The Safe Negro’ at the expense of other people.

NappMama
NappMama

I think it’s great…I know soooo many men who are sick of weaves, wigs and women who are obsessed with their hair…Men feel afraid to go near it because they don’t know if it’s yours or not…I hope this is a trend that will continue & not some jerk tryna make a name for himself

MissyD
MissyD

I think as long as it isn’t offending anyone, then it shouldn’t be an issue. There are clubs that have nights for Plus Sized women, clubs that give discounts to military and college students, clubs that give discounts depending on your horoscope. So why not give discounts for naturals? In a city like Atlanta it would still make bookoo bucks plus would probably encourage more ladies to try going natural.

merry
merry

what is the problem with this?

BlackOnyx03
BlackOnyx03
Reply to  merry

Exactly! There is none. ::move along, nothing to see, folks:: 🙂

Bethany
Bethany

I know it isn’t nice to be mean, but I am a hater when it comes to obvious weaves. While I think a promotion like this can be divisive, I also think that in the end more good will come out of it than bad. I would bet money that there will be plenty of gorgeous, confident naturals at the club. When the men (and the boys) see them, that can bring about a change in general attitude and challenge their preconceived notions of natural sisters. Plus, the non-naturals (or the naturals who are hiding their curls (weave, braids, wig,… Read more »

Lyn
Lyn
Reply to  Bethany

+1!

He, in the long run, could be helping some women with confidence to be showing their hair!

Eboni
Eboni
Reply to  Bethany

wow, I didn’t even think of it like that. not that I was particularly upset about it, but this definitely shed some serious light on this “issue”.

some people are so ready to pounce on anything and everything.

I agree with you until the end of time, lol.

Shakira

Hmm, whats the difference between this and giving discounts for wearing a certain color? Or ladies free before a certain time? I think it’s cool that he want to do that, but its not that big of a deal.

Yea I said IT
Yea I said IT

SOOOO if they were was a “light skin and good natural hair discount” or RELAXED hair no one should be upset…right?
I love natural hair but this community seems to clanish for my taste.

Um
Um
Reply to  Yea I said IT

I won’t even lie…I don’t think the issue is serious at all, but I do feel like there is some “brand newness” on this page. I have natural hair but I am not on a “team.” Anyway…

BlackOnyx03
BlackOnyx03
Reply to  Um

@ Yea I Said It — For reasons I explained above, “light skin and good natural hair” is not analogous to “natural hair.” It gets kinda muddled because both situations involve black people and their hair, but logically speaking, the situations are completely distinct. @ Um — I totally agree with you that this is just not serious. But I’m definitely on a team. It’s called — natural hair rocks! In fact, I just might be team captain! LOL! Doesn’t mean that I go around berating or preaching to people on other “teams”; but it does mean that I am… Read more »

Um
Um
Reply to  BlackOnyx03

That’s fine, you are welcome to be on whatever team you want — that was not the “newness” I was referring to. I also can only hope that you respect the women who do not want to be on a team with you and don’t give them a side eye for being jerks or because you feel they aren’t “down.”

Um
Um
Reply to  BlackOnyx03

Also, I agree with you that light skin/good hair isn’t really the same thing, but I do think if he wrote a blurb belittling natural hair then offered the discount to relaxed haired women or weaved up chicks, that’s the exact same thing. And I think we both know that people would be up in ARMS about that. My (minor) side eye has nothing to do with offering a discount, it’s the part about insulting someone to compliment someone else. The negativity muffles the positive aspect, imo (but at the same time, this is a party for his peers and… Read more »

BlackOnyx03
BlackOnyx03
Reply to  Um

@ Um — Ok, thanks for clearing up the “newness” comment. I wasn’t sure what you meant, but if it was about the use of the word “team” I wanted to clarify. As for your concerns about my approach to relaxed women (umm…like my mom, my sister, all my coworkers, and at least 3/4 of my black female friends) — there’s really nothing to worry about there. How one wears her hair is a choice. I unashamedly believe I’ve made a *better* choice, but I only have one head of hair. I have neither the time, energy, or desire to… Read more »

Lyn
Lyn

Eh. I’m not offended by it! If I were wearing a weave, I wouldn’t be either (and vice versa). I wouldn’t give two cares in the world about what a man thinks about weaves, natural hair, relaxed hair, short hair, etc. There’s way more to care about in the world than getting into a party, based on how I’m wearing my hair. At the end of the day, I would be getting a discount! I love discounts! 😀 Lol.

rosie
rosie

It’s a harmless promo. If people want to make it an issue or controversial, that’s on them. It’s like a lot of women can’t make up their minds if it’s really “just” hair or not.

df
df

can’t people just go with the flow about this? when did we have to pick sides about our hair and stay there? people change their minds based on their experiences…it happens…we aren’t robots!

Keisha
Keisha

Honestly, I plan on attending homecoming this year, can’t make the Classice this weekend so yes, I will be using this code for tickets to events. It’s not a problem for me because where I live, there aren’t many naturals out and about. This may bring a few more of the fierce natural ladies out to mix and mingle-what’s the harm in that? I’ve also heard and seen negative comments about FAMU’s natural ladies and I know they’ve perservered so why not create a discount like this? I’m for it…

Keisha
Keisha

…Correction, next weekend my bad 🙂

Keisha
Keisha
Reply to  Keisha

Nevermind. I’m still wrong. Y’all know when it is (apparently I need to wake up fully before posting comments)

ashley
ashley

Too bad this won’t apply to the majority of females at famu. I see weaves everywhere

JJ
JJ

It gets ugly when your love for something is motivated by a hate for something else. Initially I thought it was funny, but I know it’s also not kind to those who wear weaves, and personally I have no problem with them. It would have been better if he said simply discounts for natural, I want to promote natural, rather than I hate weave so discount for naturals…

Mikela
Mikela

I think those who are not natural may be the ones upset. As a natural I would benefit but someone who is not natural for her own reasons has to pay more money to get in (remember, she is not getting the discount) therefore, a non-natural is paying more. Not sure of the angle for this promotion (if there is any) but a promoter having a disdain for weaves/relaxers is his personal preference, it really doesn’t have anything to do with the business itself. Some can view this as a form of discrimination and if someone wanted to really press… Read more »

alex
alex

not to stir up more controversy — but what’s different between this and “lightskin darkskin” parties where lightskin ppl get discounts or free entry? or being tall and sexy gets u to the front of the line and free entry? Its a private event — and its private standards. It sucks that is a divider in our community but i mean — what isn’t? Talking “white” or being too educated. Being “sad-ditty” or having money. Being “bougie” because you were raised with upper-middle/high economic standards. That’s just us.

alex
alex

not to stir up more controversy — but what’s different between this and “lightskin darkskin” parties where lightskin ppl get discounts or free entry? or being tall and sexy gets u to the front of the line and free entry? Its a private event — and its private standards. It sucks that is a divider in our community but i mean — what isn’t? Talking “white” or being too educated. Being “sadditty” or having money. Being “bougie” because you were raised with upper-middle/high economic standards. That’s just us.

lovemyhair
lovemyhair
Reply to  alex

The difference is, melanin and stature are DNA, you can’t change them-EVER. Education and money however is something that anyone can have- just like natural hair. This promo is not comparable AT ALL to light skin/ dark skin parties- which I abhor, because they are divisive. This celebrates something that anyone can have. It celebrates your God Given hair, lol

Leonette
Leonette

What is the difference in his promotion for natural hair than the promotion of “Short short” or “Show your Thong”?.… None of us would attend these parties, OF COURSE!.. lol, but we hear them on the radio and have heard of them.

In short, I think its nothing wrong with it and like Willow… Imma whip it (to the front of the line with a discounted ticket)!

All in fun, ladies. Peace!

Alex
Alex

I agree with everything except for the “celebration” part. Not only did the promoter not sound like she Was “celebrating” natural hair, but she said ” i hate weaves”. You’re just saying that because you’re natural. If u weren’t, u would say this is just as divisive.

lovemyhair
lovemyhair
Reply to  Alex

Hey Alex,
The promoter was a man, not a woman. I do not feel it is divisive, I think people are taking it the wrong way. I’ve had quite a few styles throughout my hair journey ‑including weaves. Considering that you are not privy to my thought process, it is quite rude to tell someone what they are thinking. I stand by my opinion. Thanks

Alex
Alex
Reply to  lovemyhair

Umm well u can stand by your opinion, no one was trying to move you lol this is a discussion board…and thanks for the correction. You can just educate me. Tell me this, if u were not natural and had no intention to be, would you feel that this is celebratory? Like I said, it’s easy when you’re on the privileged side to see the brightness, but what about when you’re not? Not saying it’s intentionally divisive – but it’d be nieve to not consider or admit that. IMO. N sorry for coming off rude to you or if I… Read more »

Alex
Alex

Hi, Umm well u can stand by your opinion, no one was trying to move you lol this is a discussion board…and thanks for the correction. You can just educate me. Tell me this, if u were not natural and had no intention to be, would you feel that this is celebratory? Like I said, it’s easy when you’re on the privileged side to see the brightness, but what about when you’re not? Not saying it’s intentionally divisive — but it’d be nieve to not consider or admit that. IMO. N sorry for coming off rude to you or if… Read more »

vintagehq

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all people you really know what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also seek advice from my site =). We could have a link change agreement among us

Lavonne Pauley

I spent 90 p.c of my time browsing the web, and I came throughout your website via the search engine. I’ve so as to add that the data could be very educated and I want to share hyperlinks with you for future reference. Please get again to me to let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Tabatha
Tabatha

That’s a hmmm for me that’s like doing the bag check at the club. you know where you put a paper bag at the front all girls who skin matches the bag can go in for free or a discount price that don’t pay full price. Its a whole lot of drama that doesn’t need to be started.