By Cipriana at UrbanBushBabes.com
One of the most important things I have learned through my hair experience is that no matter how similar they seem, no two heads of hair are alike. Sometimes people fail to understand that not only does the physicality of our hair contribute to its uniqueness, but our lifestyle does as well. Stay with me as I list 29 major contributors to an individual’s unique hair makeup. Keep these in mind when building your natural hair routine and taking natural hair advice.
1. Density/mass of hair (how many strands you have on your head)
3. Porosity (how easily your hair retains moisture)
4. Individual strand density
6. Shrinkage percentage
7. How often hair is washed
8. Water intake
9. Nighttime routine
10. How educated and knowledgeable you are about your hair
12. Recovering from an illness
13. How often you seal your ends
14. Whether you are transitioning or have completed the big chop
15. Your stress levels
16. Your fitness levels
17. Your field of work
18. How often you search & destroy or trim ends
19. How patient you are when detangling
20. The amount of time you dedicate to your regimen
21. How long your hair was relaxed
22. How often you use heat
23· Whether or not you protective style
24. Amount of manipulation your hair encounters during the week
25. Whether or not you color your hair?
26. How often you moisturize
27. Whether or not you’ve given birth
And Most Importantly:
29. Whether or not you love your hair!
Ladies, what factors do you consider when assessing your hair? And which factors contribute most to the health of your hair?