Rosh Ele // Natural Hair Style Icon

Avatar • Aug 25, 2010

Where do you live?
R:
I live in Queens, NY but I was born in Guyana, South America. I am a dental assistant/dental hygiene student.

Why did you go natural?
R:
I first got the idea in 2008 because I was too lazy to go get a perm. My attempt failed and I ended up perming it. I did some better research on how to transition and started my journey again in Dec 2009
I transitioned for four months and then did my big chop. I cut off 8 inches of hair.

Being natural fits my personality. I don’t feel like I’m trying to fit what everyone around me looks like. I have gained so much knowledge through my research on natural hair and I think that was the best part of my journey

What’s your regimen?
R:
I follow a routine which consists of co-washing my hair every other day with a mix of shea butter, baking soda and Just For Me Hair Milk Conditioner.

How do you retain length?
R:
I love my teeny weeny afro so I never gave my hair the chance to really grow out.

What mistakes have you made with your hair that you’ve learned from?
R:
I washed my hair every morning and I never let it dry. I got so sick! I also wasn’t tying my hair down when I went to bed which gave me bald spots.

What’s the best/most effective thing you do for your hair?
R:
Tie it down before bed, it helps alot!

*Rose Ele recently returned her hair color to black

Amma Mama
Amma Mama

Very pretty girl and nice skin 🙂
Lovely

Ms. Haiti 1982!
Ms. Haiti 1982!

VERY PRETTY GIRL AND I LOVE HER STYLE! NO COMMENT ON THE HAIR.

Kristen

She is very very pretty, and has gorgeous skin. Love her style 🙂

Camille in Slovenia

gorgeous! the TWA suits her. not every one is on a length journey and it’s nice to see!

Anon
Anon

Is it because her hair isn’t long that there aren’t more comments? I love this lady, very nice cut!

I envy the big chop ladies, they can experience their hair and all its lengths 🙂

donna
donna

Agree with AmmaMama, love her cut too.

Ms. Haiti 1982!
Ms. Haiti 1982!

It’s not because her hair isn’t long, she is very pretty, but the hair doesn’t really work for her.

Anonymous
Anonymous

How can something that is naturally God given not work for a person?
That doesn’t make sense, that’s like saying “Her face doesn’t work for her”. If you didn’t have a positive comment, you should have refrained from commenting. Let’s see your hair & whether or not it “works” for you.

Camille in Slovenia

@Anonymous — agreed!!!

Jaki
Jaki

@Anonymous I totally agree. This is supposed to be a place for info and encouragement. We have to be careful with “buts” IE She is cute but.…

Ms. Haiti 1982!
Ms. Haiti 1982!

Sometimes being nice can have you walking around looking not so great. I have also had bad hairstyles and cuts. It took a “real” friend to tell me, “girl, you are cute and all, but that look is just not working for you at the moment”. Yeah, I was hurt and defensive, but I changed it up a little and it did turn out much better. I tell people the truth, and I encourage others to keep it real. She is a very pretty girl,“but”.….….…

BrownSugahChild

I love her style!!! That’s what i missed about my twa, you can experiment with different styles, colors, accessories, etc!!!
The beauty of it is that Rosh Ele’s style may only work for Rosh Ele and not Brown Sugah Child, or any of us because it’s just that.…..HER STYLE!!!
That’s why i’m glad that God has given us each unique features, and style!!! I think her hair is edgy and absolutely stunning!!!!

Camille
Camille

@Ms. Haiti 1982 — In case you hadn’t noticed, this is a space for sisters to get together and celebrate each other, not beat each other down with criticism. There are plenty of other places on the web for that. Who will agree to be featured on this site if they think they are putting themselves to be knocked down? Just think about it. My mother often said “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” I say this from experience, I used to be like you, thinking I was a “tough talker” and “keeping it real”,… Read more »

Ms. Haiti 1982!
Ms. Haiti 1982!

There is nothng wrong with the young lady. Her hair would look better if it was low and the color was a little darker. She is a pretty girl, and can rock a short style and color if it is done correctly. I told her the truth, wasn’t out to hurt anyone. We also come on this blog fo advice, and I meant no harm. Why do you think nobody really posted on here, because they stayed quiet because they had nothing to really say. I saw that she was a pretty girl having some hair issues, so I replied.… Read more »

My coily self
My coily self

@ Ms.Haiti1982! Girl, just let it go. What you said was a little rude and offensive. Sometimes it’s best to not say anything at all. I understand we want our natural hair sistas to look good, but there is a time and place for everything. If you knew her personally then you could take her to the clorner and tell her about her hair. You don’t know this chick and you basically blasted her for not having the style that you would like her to have. We all have our own sense of style, and you need to respect that.… Read more »

Anne
Anne

beautiful girl. i loved her hair in the last pic without the color…

tam
tam

I don’t see anything wrong with her hair nor the various colours of it.
they are attractive on her