Avatar • Aug 6, 2010

Michelle Obama is currently in Spain with her youngest daughter, Sasha Obama who recently sported a gorgeous high bun.

I really appreciate that Michelle has kept her daughters’ hair natural. Warms my heart 🙂

Photo compliments of Mrs‑O.org

Abbie
Abbie

This photo takes me back. My mum used to style my hair the same way.
she look really happy. Thank God for natural hair mothers

Leslie

Is it weird that I see her littlest one getting into all sorts of trouble when she is older? I see the oldest one being the mature responsible one.

prettyb

Wow Sasha’s hair looks fabulous. I think I might rock a high bun tomorrow. Its great that Michelle is clearly taking care of her daughters’ hair and it really shows.

LBell
LBell

Wow, Sasha’s getting taller… 🙂 and I don’t mean just with the high bun. I too give props to Michelle and Barack for being mindful of their little girls’ security and happiness.

DontChange4Me
DontChange4Me

Look at Sasha’s sandals! SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!!!

Katie

She’s so cute and looks so happy! I love that bun.

Alicia E.

She is getting tall. Love the high bun, my favorite summer look.

serenissima

so im pretty sure the first lady’s hair is simply back in a ponytail but… doesnt anyone else think that pic shows how FIERCE she would look with a BC? Ridiculous!

TB
TB

I too may sport the high bun tomorrow. 😉 I like Michelle’s little bun too!

brit
brit

i know this is about sasha, but how much do i love michelle’s top?

Taharqa
Taharqa

My goodness! Did Sasha grow like another 2 feet overnight?! I know based on their parents that the Obama daughters are gonna be tall, but it seems like Sasha had a growth spurt in the last 2 months!

Her hair style is awesome!

Miika
Miika

I think it is important to note that Mrs. Obama is not only a mother that has natural daughters, she is also natural herself. She has not had chemcials put in he hair, she just does blowouts and iron (if I remember correctly). Which is my book is still natural!

DaliSalvadorAde

Oooh, I LOVE Mrs. Obama’s top. Very cute. And Sasha is absolutely adorable, both their children are going to grow up to be amazing young women. , usually the younger child is the most mischievous…that’s definitely the case with me and my sibling. 😛

R
R

Her little girl looks like tha happiest one their, and I love the way her mama looks proudly with that (that’s my baby) grin!

sunshyne84
sunshyne84

I thought Michelle cut her hair off at first too! lol She would look good with a twa.

CantaloupeBrown
CantaloupeBrown

@Miika, yeah the first lady is natural, and she does blowouts weekly. That’s why her hair looks so healthy!

CantaloupeBrown
CantaloupeBrown

Er.. I meant her hair is so healthy because she’s natural..not because of the blowouts.

Leo the Yardie Chick
Leo the Yardie Chick

@ Leslie — It’s not just you. My mum said the same thing. 🙂 Not serious trouble (I hope!), but she looks as if she has a fun/mischievous streak — which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. 😉

MissyD
MissyD

I really wish more parents would allow their daughters to be natural for as long as possible

Melinda
Melinda

I Love it!!! So happy that they are rearing the girls with such a strong sense of security and identity.

Muz
Muz

I had no idea Michelle’s hair was natural, I’d love to see her wear it in it unaltered state if for nothing else than to watch the Right Wing Nuts heads explode :o)

Bri
Bri

I wear my hair like that often — even today. It’s quite flattering 🙂
And Michelle O’s top is extremely fly.

shikongle
shikongle

I didn’t know that Michelle Obama doesn’t use a relaxer.

tracyata
tracyata

The Obama girls are so cute!

However, I will never understand why some people just have to find a way to MAKE Michelle natural. If she has been blowing drying and flat ironing her hair for to get it as straight as she has worn it for YEARS then there is only a VERY SLIM chance that it is not been heat damaged and falls limp and stringy when wet — meaning, she would no longer have afro textured hair and wouldn’t be natural.

Connie
Connie

WHO CARES IF MICHELLE’S HAIR IS NOT NATURAL. AT LEAST IT IS HEALTHY AND NOT DAMAGED. SASHA AND MALIA’S HAIR IS NATURAL AND BEAUTIFUL. THE OBAMA FAMILY IS GORGEOUS, INTELLIGENT AND CLASSY. I DONT SEE SASHA OBAMA GETTING INTO ANY TROUBLE WHEN SHE GETS OLDER, SO I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT LESLIE AND LEO. I THINK SHE IS GOING TO GRADUATE FROM HARVARD JUST LIKE HER PARENTS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD. THE OBAMA FAMILY IS PERFECT IN MY EYES.

tracyata
tracyata

My point was to say that you should just like Michelle as she is without needing her to be natural. She doesn’t need to check off the natural box to be a great woman.

Jazz Tay
Jazz Tay

1st, we don’t know what Michelle does to her hair.You can have straight hair w/o having chemicals. 2nd) I think it matters more what she does to her girls and choosing to keep them natural and apparently showing them proper ways to keep their strands thick and healthy is a plus.