Jc
Jc

I love Jill Scott. The style is cute but the cornrows do look a little bit too tight especially the three which were joined into one near her ear.

The other girl looks pretty ordinary to me.

Millicent
Millicent

Julia looks like a ROCK STAR!! I love it! Jill has been wearing too much weave lately…me no likey!

Kasalina

Julia Jamois is awesome.

skeeta25

OMG I love Julias hair. I googled somemore pics of her and her hair is definitely in the kinky family- like mine! We need more of her. Interview for her products and regimen? hint- hint! ;o)

Vonmiwi

I admire both women for their personal style. I wrote about Miss Jamois a few weeks ago. If interested you can check it out here:http://afrolistasandthecity.blogspot.com/2010/03/au-naturel.html

ayomide
ayomide

yes!! I was wondering if anybody saw Jill hair.. It is breathtaking. Great style, I do agree the cornrows look extra tight. I thought it was funny the two host didn’t say anything about her hair. It was big and beautiful.

christina

Jilly from Philly! Yeah, girl!
I could really care less if her hair is weave. The style is hot, and it’s a weave for natural ‑looking hair, not plastic Blonde Barbie hair:-D

By the way, her skin and makeup are STUNNING!

dawnn
dawnn

These are both EXCELLENT! The cornrows on Ms. Scott are bang-ola, and JSJ’s fro is fearless. Today, I told my (white) neighbors that I was going to have my big puff combed out and layered so I could rock a more shapely ‘fro and one of them said (with eyes wide), “Won’t that make your hair BIGGER?” LOL…I am now more determined than ever! Gonna’ take a page from JSJ’s book pronto!!!

JacquelineHelene

I love both hairdos- weave or not. I love Jill (from philly :)) and Julia has just become my new favorite fro diva. Inspiration!

Tierney
Tierney

I went to the same school as Julia. She was a couple of years above me and i remember seeing her walking around with her amazing fro and be in awe. She also has great style.

The Notorious Z.A.G.
The Notorious Z.A.G.

What’s wrong with “weave”/fake hair? But one can dye her own hair an unnatural color and its fine? I, for one, love Jill’s hair, and as a matter of fact, I’m currently sporting a giant fake afro puff. Natural is embracing the look of the hair you were born with, and not straightening the hair to achieve a look that is not natural to your hair structure. Jill and her weave are fabulous, and so is Julia’s bangin’ afro. They are both beautiful. Why are we still being so judgemental?

Amma Mama
Amma Mama

I love Jill Scott! She’s HOT!

The Black Bot

Well, I wouldn’t all Scott’s hairstyle natural, but I like Julia’s hair a lot

Tia
Tia

I love Jill Scott’s style. I even replicated it — with only my hair. It is possible to do without weave.

Anon
Anon

I love Jill’s style… I’m tired of all of the weave hateration… why so mad?? The weave mimics her natural hair afterall… you know… white women wear weaves, too! I guess, we black women aren’t allowed to experiment. oh well…

Anon
Anon

btw… one reason celebs wear weaves is that it can be a great protective style. having to have your hair always be perfectly coiffed can be damaging… give Jill a break!