Locked Barbies!

Avatar • Jan 22, 2010

So a BGLH fan notified me of this…
20242_108283592515735_100000022834061_227168_4313681_n

Apparently there is a company (I actually think it’s a yarn/thread company) that remixes dolls in really cool ways. One of the things they do is lock their dolls.

A closer look…
il_430xN.22084700

I actually think this doll is one of the characters from Pirates of the Caribbean…
il_430xN.22085813

Damn, these dolls are gorgeous and they’re making ME want to lock!

For more photos, click HERE.

Dolls often represent a perfect standard of beauty, whether it’s a blonde Barbie or a bug-eyed, long-haired Bratz doll. And in a world that is so partial to one beauty standard, it is really nice to see another one idealized.

What say you?

Cherene
Cherene

At Last. Dont think they will have these in England tho.
They are beautiful.

chandra
chandra

YES YES YES!!!

southern curl
southern curl

I have 3 daughters who will be getting 1 of these dolls a piece! Love it!!

dajewel
dajewel

where can we purchase dolls like these??????

~JOME~
~JOME~

The actual artist’s website is ncruz.com. He happens to remix dolls into celebrities and movie characters. Check it out.

CandyReign

Is It Me Or Are These Dolls Giving Some Serious Face? Lol They Are Fierce!

DaliSalvadorAde

These are sooo fabulous!! And I’ve struggled with the idea of locking as well. I love the look of locks, and their relatively easy maintenance…may be in a few years. 😀 These dolls are giving me awesome inspiration though!

Tia
Tia

I love them!! I used to try to make my Barbie doll’s hair look more “realistic.” I wish I had a Goddaughter or niece.…I’m gonna buy one for some random little girl, lol

arielle
arielle

Love it! Where can we buy them!

Shones

Fantastic!!!!!

Erica C
Erica C

Hmm the one w/the note “A closer look” looks just like Rihanna to me! =) Either way I love these! I wish they’d had things like that when I was growing up.

Steph

Love it!

When my daughter was in the Barbie/Bratz doll stage, she idolized the blonde/blue dolls, and I kept buying more ethnic looking dolls to show her there is more beauty out there. I was locked at the time, too. These dolls would’ve been great then! I still may buy her one, anyway 😀

miss concrete jungle
miss concrete jungle

I WANT ONE!!! That’s seriously one of the COOLEST things I’ve seen in a very long time!

Bohemian Soul

Wow!
That is hott! Work Barbie!

KayTee

OMG!!!!…those are awesome!!!!!!

Elle Tee

I usually play the background and dont leave comments…but i LOVE this. lol, since Im loc’d i may have a preference but i would buy a few of these…

Meika
Meika

They’re Beautiful!! I want one or three. Lol.

bambixx2
bambixx2

i may be 25 but i plan to get one for myself …those dolls are hotness

Shell

This is wonderful!!

vonnie

I soooo want the pirates of the Caribbean doll, i loved calypso! those are gorgeous 😀

trackback

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by staiisea: RT @bglhonline Gorgeous locked Barbie dolls! Check it out: http://tiny.cc/lQw2b #natualhair…

mizztcasa

THANK YOU! I ALMOST CRIED…I’m so touched seeing barbies that look like my fellow natural sisters, seeing beautiful blk barbies in general. breath taking!

if i had the money, i would stock up and give one to everyone in my family, including my lesbian white sisters who love locs 🙂

FOLLY
FOLLY

AT LAST! THIS DOLLS ARE GORGEOUSE. ONCE WANTED TO BUY MY DAUGHTER A BLACK DOLL AT THE AGE OF 2BUT SHE REJECTED AND COULD NOT BLAME HER COS THE DOLL WAS SO UGLY. THESE DOLLS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND A TRUE REPRESENTATION OF AFRICAN BEAUTY!

gigi warburton-stephens

Hey people, I have noticed a few people have asked where to get the dolls and there has been no answer. I would like to know where to get them please. I did go to the artist site but I did not see them there.

Thanks

gigi warburton-stephens

Thanks a bunch, I did find it though and yes I will, did you see the Barbie spread in vogue italia

Angela (Posy Moe)

They are awesome!

Charli

Wow! This is completely ironic… have had conversations with a friend of mine for about 2–3 months about a ‘Barbie’ doll or some other (see bratz, liv, american girl, etc.) doll w/natural hair done in locs. I’m glad someone is embracing this idea! I was so excited about that I just HAD to comment. (I rarely do this.) Kudos the creators of these beautiful dolls. I LOVE IT — I’m an instant fan!

Miami Wedding Photographers

Normally I do not read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice post.