3 Strand Twist Tutorial

Avatar • Feb 13, 2009

i will be posting the remainder of frumny2nc’s interview soon (part 1 is here), but i just wanted to highlight this style (i found it in her album). ok, this is the first time i’m hearing about 3 strand twists. they’re dope!
did you guys know about this?
also, i watched a tutorial on youtube, just cuz i was curious as to how they are done. peep it:

thoughts?
***and here’s a shameless plug: don’t forget to comment about your moisturizing issues (on this post). i need it for the comprehensive moisture diagnostic j and i are working on***

***update @ 11:28 p.m. … i did some research and found that 3 strand twists are allegedly sturdier and last longer than two strand. has anyone tried them? also, i might be toootally off with this, cuz i’m ethnically caribbean. but this style seems kind of african to me. can any of the african ladies/gents out there speak on this? i could be wrong.***

augusta
augusta

yeah i found out about the three strand twist several months ago via youtube. it took a couple of sessions for me to get it right but i like the results. i find that it takes longer to do three strand twist than the regular two strand twists. three strand twist (on my hair) look thinner too.

Lita
Lita

tried them. as it was a first time, it was pretty slow going, and they hang better and are stronger. however, i’m better with handling two strands, and my hair looks glossier and nicer in twos than in threes. and I’m African, lol. 🙂

Kinky Rhonnie
Kinky Rhonnie

Hello, Yes I’ve heard of three-strands. I think I first heard of them on nappturality.com.

Do I have the energy to attempt to do them? Heck no. LOL

I’m interested to see your results if you attempt them.

Happy Friday.

Rhonda

Mzbush
Mzbush

I first heard about 3‑strand twists on Nappy Me’s website. I’ve tried them and I do not find that they last much longer but that could just be because of my hair texture. I think they look much better though. Ever since I tried them, I haven’t been doing 2‑strand anymore

Mzbush
Mzbush

Ever since I tried 3‑strand twists, I haven’t looked back. Love them! I don’t think they last much longer but I just prefer the way they look.

SA
SA

Yeah, I found out about three strand twists a few months ago while browsing Nappturality. They throw you for a loop the first few times you do them because you have the natural urge to make them braids, but once you get the hang of them they’re just as easy as braids or two strand twists. A bit time consuming though. But I think worth it because, for me, the three strand twists last a bit longer than two strand twists. And I like the look of them more.

Beautifully.Conjured.Up
Beautifully.Conjured.Up

I don’t care how much I try, I can’t ever get the three strand twists right.

Anonymous
Anonymous

I never heard about three strand twist in Barbados. I heard about them a year ago though.
Three strand braids last longer than the two strand braids and the don’t fuzz nearly as much. On the other hand, they take longer to do. I’ve done them on my on hair a few times.

Anonymous