some friday fun

Avatar • Jan 23, 2009

so i was thinking the other day that i often derive joy from my napps… so i (very randomly) compiled a list of top‑7 feelings of natural hair.

1. new growth at the base of a twist or braid
2. four words: my hairline — it’s back
3. when the bf plays in my hair, i don’t have to worry about a track or extension falling out
4. no more burn marks from hot comb accidents
5. when i take my big hair out in public, ppl admire
6. when my hair is moisturized it reveals it’s true texture — tiny springing coils i never thought i had (they were there all along, through all the flat ironing, all the weaving, screaming “please! give me a chance!”)
7. when i walk on the street, i don’t look like everybody else

you might not agree with the ranking, and you might have your own ‘best feelings’ to add. so please…

Rhapsody in PURPLE!
Rhapsody in PURPLE!

I know exactly how you feel!! Especially about #7
Me being a newbie again, i get MORE looks from the guys that i actually want looks from!Even the girls when i walk down the street cant stop looking lol
I love being different from everyone!

Jc
Jc

Number one on my list is the fact that I actually just like my hair AND it grows. My hair did not even get to the bottom of my neck when I was a kid. I love waking up in the morning, unbraiding my hair and staring in the mirror. (Yes every single day — I’m not bored yet)

Monet
Monet

Great list. I’ve been thinking about #3. It was pretty freeing not to worry about my hair being messed up when Mr. Lucky ran his fingers through it. I love that he loves my natural hair as much as I do.

And #6. This might be #1 for me. As my hair grows, I’m finding it settle into a texture that I’ve come to really love. I didn’t know my hair was so coily. I love it!

Chanel
Chanel

8) The rain is not longer an enemy.
9) It’s actually fun to style and not a chore.

Nicole
Nicole

I know exactly how you feel! ESPECIALLY about #6 since I only just recently have gotten to the point where my hair is almost properly moisturized. I’ve gotten these beautiful tiny curls that I never knew I had, little breakage, and the top of my head finally doesn’t feel like a brillo bad. I’d say the feeling of moisture and new growth are my top two.

labelfreementality
labelfreementality

I agree with number 4
And no more having to deal with pressing my hair nearly everyday!!
8. He loves my natural hair =]
9. That I would learn so much about natural products

SLY
SLY

5. when i take my big hair out in public, ppl admire6. when my hair is moisturized it reveals it’s true texture 7. when i walk on the street, i don’t look like everybody else 8. When it rains or snows, I don’t care. I don’t have to freak out if I forgot my umbrella.9. I can jump into a pool without any hesitations.10. I can wash and go.11. My boyfriend loves every single style12. The only time I’ve been to a shop was five years ago when I cut it all off. I save a lot of money.13. When… Read more »

Ninya
Ninya

I FEEL U I FEEL U naturally Rocking off and all my life but kicking it strong and steady since 05′

2BOSSAY
2BOSSAY

INTERESTING LIST…SOME OF THESE R SOOO TRU THO…LOL..GOOD POST

quippaqt
quippaqt

I have a lot of the same feelings as SLY. My favorites being that I don’t have to worry about snow, rain or trying not to get my hair wet at the pool ;). Love being able to wash n’ go and have fun trying new products and styles.